H Cup Final 2024 London

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: H Cup Final 2024 London

Post by offshorerules »

Hornet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:14 am
offshorerules wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:27 am Anyone who knows London better than me have any suggestions as to where to stay near the stadium?
Stratford/Docklands to the south. Good Rail/DLR links. Or Enfield/Cheshunt/Edmonton/Walthamstow to the North and East. Stations for the Stadium are White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park.
Thanks.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

offshorerules wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:27 am Anyone who knows London better than me have any suggestions as to where to stay near the stadium?
Stratford/Docklands to the south. Good Rail/DLR links. Or Enfield/Cheshunt/Edmonton/Walthamstow to the North and East. Stations for the Stadium are White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park.
The problem with Stratford / Docklands is that in the evenings they are pretty soulless.

There is direct rail connection from Liverpool Street which puts you fairly central(ish). It's near Spitalfields which has a lot going on and is pretty "cool 'n' trendy".

But the problem is that is is such a sprawling city you could stay in lots of areas and you can get around reasonably easily. Even if you stay somewhere like Camden where there would be real activity, you'd get to the Stadium in about an hour.

But if you want to stay close to the Stadium, the places Hornet mentioned - you could almost walk it. Not sure what the "vibe" is like there though
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

The Doc wrote: January 26th, 2024, 11:00 am
The problem with Stratford / Docklands is that in the evenings they are pretty soulless.

There is direct rail connection from Liverpool Street which puts you fairly central(ish). It's near Spitalfields which has a lot going on and is pretty "cool 'n' trendy".

But the problem is that is is such a sprawling city you could stay in lots of areas and you can get around reasonably easily. Even if you stay somewhere like Camden where there would be real activity, you'd get to the Stadium in about an hour.

But if you want to stay close to the Stadium, the places Hornet mentioned - you could almost walk it. Not sure what the "vibe" is like there though
Thanks.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

offshorerules wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:32 am
Thanks.
Don't forget to get an Oyster Card (Can be bought at the Machines at any London Tube or Railway Station), or check with your bank to see if your Contactless Credit/Debit Card can be used on TfL services (Buses, Trains, Tube, DLR, Riverboat). I used my Ulster Bank Debit Card once a few years ago, (which was a bit stupid of me as I also had a UK HSBC Debit Card). Also check if you have Revolut, N26 or Wise. Just be wary of the mark up due to exchange rates.

P.S. Off Peak Cap in London Zones 1 to 6 is £14.90 for the whole day. (Less the fewer Zones you use). Contactless can be used to/from Gatwick Airport and Luton Airport, BUT NOT Stansted Airport. And avoid the Heathrow Express like the plague. Use the Elizabeth Line Services or the Piccadilly Line. Also It's Spring Bank Holiday in the UK that Weekend.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Hornet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 3:00 pm
offshorerules wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:32 am

Thanks.
Don't forget to get an Oyster Card (Can be bought at the Machines at any London Tube or Railway Station), or check with your bank to see if your Contactless Credit/Debit Card can be used on TfL services (Buses, Trains, Tube, DLR, Riverboat). I used my Ulster Bank Debit Card once a few years ago, (which was a bit stupid of me as I also had a UK HSBC Debit Card). Also check if you have Revolut, N26 or Wise. Just be wary of the mark up due to exchange rates.

P.S. Off Peak Cap in London Zones 1 to 6 is £14.90 for the whole day. (Less the fewer Zones you use). Contactless can be used to/from Gatwick Airport and Luton Airport, BUT NOT Stansted Airport. And avoid the Heathrow Express like the plague. Use the Elizabeth Line Services or the Piccadilly Line. Also It's Spring Bank Holiday in the UK that Weekend.
Thanks for the tips.
Fazo24
Beginner

Post by Fazo24 »

I bought 2 x Weekend Golden Ticket package when they were first released in May last year! We have a wedding that weekend so won’t be able to travel :evil: Tickets are pretty sweet - section 317, half way/10m line. View from seat can be seen at this link http://tottenhamhotspur.io-media.com/mo ... 17/5/627/d

Ticket was £147 face value and covers both finals that weekend.

If anyone is interested let me know.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Pm sent
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

johng wrote:Pm sent
Go on JohnG ya mad thing!!! Feeling optimistic? Image

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Everything in life is a risk. The allocation was extremely skimpy last year. Admittedly it was in Dublin.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

those seats look good Johng.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

The FA has confirmed that the FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Manchester City will take place at 3pm on 25 May. It will be shown live on BBC and ITV.

The decision (presumably by BT/TNT and EPCR) to schedule the kick off time for the Investec Cup Final for 14:45 on the same day looks moronic now. The FA Cup final is always held in the afternoon, traditionally at 3pm (though it has been moved by an hour or two in recent seasons). Going head-to-head with a Manchester Derby Cup final on terrestrial TV means no casual fans are going to watch.

Also, with the matches on in the same city at the same time, it means fans booking trains or flights to/from London for the rugby who wait until after the semi finals are going to get fleeced (or find that trains are full).

Personally, I'd like watch both but I'll be going to the rugby. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch the Cup Final, probably in the early 90s.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

joooooe wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:17 am The FA has confirmed that the FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Manchester City will take place at 3pm on 25 May. It will be shown live on BBC and ITV.

The decision (presumably by BT/TNT and EPCR) to schedule the kick off time for the Investec Cup Final for 14:45 on the same day looks moronic now. The FA Cup final is always held in the afternoon, traditionally at 3pm (though it has been moved by an hour or two in recent seasons). Going head-to-head with a Manchester Derby Cup final on terrestrial TV means no casual fans are going to watch.

Also, with the matches on in the same city at the same time, it means fans booking trains or flights to/from London for the rugby who wait until after the semi finals are going to get fleeced (or find that trains are full).

Personally, I'd like watch both but I'll be going to the rugby. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch the Cup Final, probably in the early 90s.
I doubt too many people from Manchester will be flying into Luton, that line should be clear enough
Anyone But New Zealand
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

In fairness, the schedule time would have looked more moronic if the Investec Cup was scheduled for around 5.30pm and was going directly up against the time the FA Cup was originally intended for. Unfortunately, the police have intervened with an all Manchester final and pushed it back to an earlier kick-off than was originally intended.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

FLIP wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:38 am
joooooe wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:17 am The FA has confirmed that the FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Manchester City will take place at 3pm on 25 May. It will be shown live on BBC and ITV.

I doubt too many people from Manchester will be flying into Luton, that line should be clear enough
Mancunians may find ASLEF licking their lips to p*ss people off by deciding to go on strike, ie no trains. I've made contingencies to revert to buses if the trains and tubes are not running. Beware!
EquineQuack

Post by EquineQuack »

The FA Cup final hasn’t regularly kicked off at 3pm for over a decade. It’s usually starts between 5pm and 5:30pm except if the police classify it high risk and tell them to pick off early which they did last year and this year because of the two teams involved.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

you're right. there's strikes planned up to 19th May. No details on the champions cup weekend yet. They usually warn people in advance.
https://leinsterfans.com/forum/viewtopi ... 32#p863970
engineroom
Beginner

Post by engineroom »

Does anyone have any idea what to expect regarding flights should we qualify on Saturday? I bought match tickets months ago but held off on flights as there were no convenient options and prices ate insane. I have the option to stay with a relative for a couple of nights if necessary.
Will more/cheaper flights become available if we win, or am I being ridiculously optimistic?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

There will be extra flights. Usually is for the final when we're in it playing abroad. Prices will still be steep. some, in the other thread are talking about flying into birmingham and getting a 2.99 bus or driving from there.

viewtopic.php?p=864013#p864013
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'm doing Bristol. Same distance from London as Birmingham but smaller airport and nicer town.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

engineroom wrote: April 29th, 2024, 8:31 pm Does anyone have any idea what to expect regarding flights should we qualify on Saturday? I bought match tickets months ago but held off on flights as there were no convenient options and prices ate insane. I have the option to stay with a relative for a couple of nights if necessary.
Will more/cheaper flights become available if we win, or am I being ridiculously optimistic?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Flights to London were insanely expensive when I booked at the start of the year, so much so that I booked for a day earlier and saved around €250 for two of us. A day extra in the hotel was an additional £60. I would think that with Dublin based Man U supporters heading for London on the same day flight prices will be stratospheric into any airport close to London. East Midlands, Southampton, Bristol and Cardiff may be options. I do know from experience that many Man U fans use Birmingham to travel to/from game.

You could do Rail/Sail. All the above is contingent on the UK rail unions not screwing up your onward connections, (as they have done for my trip to Wales next Wednesday). Also with Ryanair short of planes don't expect them to be putting on additional flights. Charter options through Leinsters official travel partner might be an option. I did that for the 2009 final in Murrayfield. To this day it's been the most expensive trip to any final i've been to, (including Bilbao). Flights were €450 per person for a day trip that day.