H Cup Final 2024 London

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: H Cup Final 2024 London

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Peadar07 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 8:37 pm General sale of final tickets on official tickets sale page today, I saw ad on Facebook and got two more.
80k sold, according to ECPR.

Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 16th, 2024, 2:48 pm
Peadar07 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 8:37 pm General sale of final tickets on official tickets sale page today, I saw ad on Facebook and got two more.
80k sold, according to ECPR.

The stadium holds a little over 60k so that must include the challenge cup too
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

anyone know of any weekend train travel cards or other for London?
Staying outside (Hertfordshire) so getting the overground trains into london and then tube/train up to tottenham stadium.
the website is as clear as mud.
https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/tickets- ... n-tickets/
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 20th, 2024, 2:05 pm anyone know of any weekend train travel cards or other for London?
Staying outside (Hertfordshire) so getting the overground trains into london and then tube/train up to tottenham stadium.
the website is as clear as mud.
https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/tickets- ... n-tickets/
One Day Travelcard. We are staying in Harlow and getting them for Friday and Saturday.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/tickets ... ravelcards

Check if the Station you are travelling from does contactless. There are several Stations outside the Greater London Area that do Contactless. Better than purchacing a paper ticket. Here is a list of stations outside London that accept Contactless.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/nat ... ond-zone-9

If your stuck, just tell me the Station and I can see what Train Operating Company manages that station and either link you to their website, or give you a One Day Travelcard price.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

that TFL link was very useful, thanks Hornet. Am heading in via St Albans City...which is thameslink and just outside the contactless zone.
Picking up one of the group at Stratford station and then train from there straight to Northumberland Park
which is 15 mins walk to stadium

Image.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:17 pm that TFL link was very useful, thanks Hornet. Am heading in via St Albans City...which is thameslink and just outside the contactless zone.
Picking up one of the group at Stratford station and then train from there straight to Northumberland Park

Image.
St Albans City is within the Contactless Zone, so you can use a suitable contactless card or a one day Travelcard BUT NOT OYSTER. See below (from the TfL link I provided).

You can only use contactless (card or device) to pay as you go for travel to and from:

Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
Iver, Langley, Slough, Burnham, Taplow, Maidenhead, Twyford and Reading
St Albans City, Harpenden and Luton Airport Parkway
Daily and weekly caps apply to journeys to and from these stations.

Daily of peak cap for St Albans City is £27.90 (Off Peak after 10am Mon-Fri, all day Sat. Cap in place until 4.29am the following morning, ie tag on at 10.00am Friday and your cap will last up to your last tag off as long as it is before 4.29am Saturday Morning.
https://assets.nationalrail.co.uk/e8xge ... r_2024.pdf
Last edited by Hornet on May 20th, 2024, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Hornet wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:37 pm
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:17 pm that TFL link was very useful, thanks Hornet. Am heading in via St Albans City...which is thameslink and just outside the contactless zone.

Image.
St Albans City is within the Contactless Zone, so you can use a suitable contactless card or a one day Travelcard BUT NOT OYSTER. See below (from the TfL link I provided).

You can only use contactless (card or device) to pay as you go for travel to and from:

that's really helpful. many thanks. not sure how I missed that about St Alban. cheers. pint in the post.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:39 pm
Hornet wrote: May 20th, 2024, 6:37 pm

Image.

that's really helpful. many thanks. not sure how I missed that about St Alban. cheers. pint in the post.
No problems. I've added the off peak cap in my edited post above. Your query was far less complicated than my fellow STH who I sit besides at the RDS. I gave him a seven page doc plus a three page xls spreadsheet that included maps, Bus picture (to make sure he got the right buses) and travel itinery for a week. His was Heathrow-Oxford-Shepherds Bush-Games Friday and Saturday-Angel-Shepherds Bush-Heathrow.