Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:10 am Question 2:

On the scale of Janey Mack to Actually Rolling on the Floor Laughing, exactly how funny was the handbags try that Ulster scored vs Munster last week?
It was rewind again and again to watch Henderson pointing the try being scored to the lads trying to pretend they were hard to him funny. A thing of beauty and a joy to behold.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: June 8th, 2022, 12:17 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:10 am Question 2:

On the scale of Janey Mack to Actually Rolling on the Floor Laughing, exactly how funny was the handbags try that Ulster scored vs Munster last week?
It was rewind again and again to watch Henderson pointing the try being scored to the lads trying to pretend they were hard to him funny. A thing of beauty and a joy to behold.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Hendo texted POM with just a big smiley face and the timestamp of the try
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 8th, 2022, 12:15 pm
OTT wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 am Do we need a big bruiser/enforcer of a stadium announcer to beat the big French teams?
😂😂😂
In fairness the man does have a point though, sometimes the atmosphere can be a bit flat…
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

What's the revelevance to 1014 in the 1014 group of Munsters private backers?

JvGs era is over. He didn't have an especially strong hand when he took over but it still feels like failure 5 years later. What do you think was his boiggest mistake?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Will van Graath get the same love as La Rogelle?
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at Leinster's facile win over Glasgow Warriors in the URC quarter-final and Ulsters victory over Munster before previewing our semi-final fixture with the Vodacom Bulls and taking a look at the rest of the rugby news
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at a disappointing weekend for Leinster and Ulster in the URC and discuss the Irish squad selected for the Tour to New Zealand
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

One for the lads:

"The sliding doors moment WRU turned down five places in Anglo-Welsh league to leave people stunned"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-24284725
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:50 am One for the lads:

"The sliding doors moment WRU turned down five places in Anglo-Welsh league to leave people stunned"

Jesus, total shitshow from start to finish
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 26th, 2022, 10:17 am

Jesus, total shitshow from start to finish
Not joining the English was the right call, just made for the wrong reasons. Most of the Welsh clubs would be in the lower leagues now.
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Maybe it would have been better for those Welsh clubs.

The ease of travelling to Gloucester, Bristol etc. shows how out of touch they were. 2k travelling fans as a dream. 4-6k home fans is the reality.

They also skirt over the fact that they were actually in a cross border competition with the English and that it failed. They lost interest quickly, picked seconds teams and left the breakaway clubs on their own. The conduct of the English clubs has done nothing to show that they would have been good partners.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The English clubs would have asset stripped the Welsh. No welsh club can compete with an English club financially - only regionalisation gave them a chance. I'd argue that the only reason that there is professional rugby in Wales now is because they didn't join the English.
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

You get this analogy a lot because most people can’t remember how that film ends.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Welcome back lads
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

We're back! This week we take a look back at Leinster's interpro victory over Ulster in the URC and discuss the rest of the week's action
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Great show lads - Mosney, Borg, rants etc. Fáilte ar ais!!!
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

Two episodes in a row - what fresh madness is this! This week we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over The Sharks in the URC and review the rest of the weekend’s news and action before previewing our trip to Galway to take on Connacht
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bluestalktv wrote: October 12th, 2022, 11:51 pm Two episodes in a row - what fresh madness is this! This week we take a look back at Leinster’s victory over The Sharks in the URC and review the rest of the weekend’s news and action before previewing our trip to Galway to take on Connacht
I thought Dave's suggestion of an A competition involving the provinces, Glasgow and Edinburgh had a lot to recommend it. With home and away fixtures that would be ten matches for each team of a fairly high standard, which one could roughly fit in during the AI and 6 Nations windows.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I thought Dave's suggestion of Rotating Ulster and Munster as the Lansdown Rd game every year had a lot to recommend it
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

johng wrote:I thought Dave's suggestion of Rotating Ulster and Munster as the Lansdown Rd game every year had a lot to recommend it
Jason's I think? Can't remember, don't watch the show, seems a bit meh
I have Bumbleflex