Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by mildlyinterested »

Seems entirely unrealistic to me, is destined for the intl game surely.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

She also wrote later in the thread:

"And subject to not getting the ABs role, you’d presume."

Razor getting the NZ national coach gig post-RWC 2023 is, IMO, the most likely way his future is going to pan out. We live in hope though...........
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Munster trying to get Kelleher to move south.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Munster or Lucifora?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

you'd expect he'd give the same response the Dan Sheehan gave last year
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:26 pm Munster trying to get Kelleher to move south.
given their record with signings they could be after Cian...bear in mind that they see Joey as a utility player, so they could also be considering converting Carbery for hooking, lineout throwing, etc, etc...
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:26 pm Munster trying to get Kelleher to move south.
You know, Munster with a Leinster player is a little like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how they got it, and danged if they know how to use 'em!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Expect the usual suspects/ rugby journalists to pick this up and run with it.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

I honestly don't understand what their pitch could be. Rugby is a twenty three man endeavour and Sheahan and Kelleher are not in a zero sum game, there is space for both simultaneously from Leinster to Ireland, the Lions, or the destroyers of galaxies :)
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Sexton's theory of Leinstertainment states in the 1st law that any Leinster player who moves to Munster regresses.

The 2nd law states that just as any Leinster player who moves to Munster regresses, the inverse applies that any Munster player who moves to Leinster improves.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:56 pm Sexton's theory of Leinstertainment states in the 1st law that any Leinster player who moves to Munster regresses and that the converse is also true.
Fixed that.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

They tried before didn't they. Told them to go fup themselves IIRC as did Sheehan when they approached him after that, bleedin parasites.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

You can’t blame them for trying.

It’s probably one of the few times in the past 12+ years that they could even have a semblance of a cohesive argument to bring someone in from Leinster (Sexton retiring, Lancaster leaving, end of an era/rebuild etc), try and capitalise on the unknown.

Now we all know that none of that is going to be even vaguely convincing, but it’s still probably ten times more convincing that the previous couple of seasons
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

There's always a lot of anger when Leinster players move to Munster. I don't have a problem with it as long as Leinster are not told to release a guy. If two teams make the same offer to the same player, and the final decision is absolutely that of the player (which it is) then whatever he decides is fine with me. I hope Kelleher stays but there's nothing illegal about Munster approaching him and pitching their ideas to him.

There's no way Kelleher will be given an ultimatum like the one supposedly dangled to Carbery. No matter what RK decides, he'll be starting or on the bench for Ireland. He'd be crazy to leave. But if he does, and if anyone else leaves this summer, then good luck to them
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Serb wrote: December 14th, 2022, 11:06 pm You can’t blame them for trying.

It’s probably one of the few times in the past 12+ years that they could even have a semblance of a cohesive argument to bring someone in from Leinster (Sexton retiring, Lancaster leaving, end of an era/rebuild etc), try and capitalise on the unknown.

Now we all know that none of that is going to be even vaguely convincing, but it’s still probably ten times more convincing that the previous couple of seasons Image
I blame them for not trying — to develop their own players.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

ronk wrote: December 15th, 2022, 6:59 am

Now we all know that none of that is going to be even vaguely convincing, but it’s still probably ten times more convincing that the previous couple of seasons Image
Pretty much this, whenever I see Munster fans post on various social media it's nearly like they look at other provinces as a shop front to shore up their problems. Granted they now seem to have some green shoots coming through their academy. Sure, what are they looking for a hooker for when it's TH where they need a player.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

RoboProp wrote: December 15th, 2022, 9:34 am
ronk wrote: December 15th, 2022, 6:59 am

Pretty much this, whenever I see Munster fans post on various social media it's nearly like they look at other provinces as a shop front to shore up their problems. Granted they now seem to have some green shoots coming through their academy. Sure, what are they looking for a hooker for when it's TH where they need a player.
Your last sentence sums it up!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

RoboProp wrote: December 15th, 2022, 9:34 am Sure, what are they looking for a hooker for when it's TH where they need a player.
So, which centre will they sign?
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

As long as there's at least 1
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leo Cullen says his future lies at Leinster despite speculation in England linking him to the soon-to-be-vacant job at his other former club Leicester Tigers.

Ahead of tonight’s clash with Gloucester, Cullen said he is close to finalising his coaching ticket for next season with a replacement for senior coach Stuart Lancaster lined up.

There has been strong speculation in the southern hemisphere that Crusaders coach Scott Robertson is being lined up by Leinster, but the province are remaining tight-lipped on a successor to the former England supremo.

Cullen, who operates off one-year deals, says he is content with Leinster.

Many within rugby see him as a possible successor to IRFU performance director David Nucifora.

“No, I’m happy where I am at the moment,” he said.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 23489.html