A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Play-offs to Aviva?

Post by fourthirtythree »

bluemagic wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:51 am
desperado wrote: January 26th, 2023, 6:38 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 26th, 2023, 5:25 pm Attendance won't be close to a 50/50 split either.

There'll be a far bigger Leinster crowd as there was in 2019 for the Ulster knockout game.
Well, they made plenty of noise, I remember there were large swathes of Ulster supporters around us; continually standing up with the SUFTUM refrain. Worse than the in and out to the bar crowd.
My Dad always said; if there's an Ulsterman in a crowd you'll hear him. It's up to us to be noisier; but I always feel the RDS is much better and even Leinster support at away games make their presence felt more. Even if it is 70/30, there's always a large proportion of the 70 that are day trippers; whereas a much larger proportion of the Ulster fans will be more invested in the game. It is was it is; and if we have aspirations of winning it outright, where is it played shouldn't be an issue.
God forbid anyone enjoys themselves at a rugby game. Don’t they know you’re supposed to sit on your hands with silence ringing around the stadium all game?
Ulster have great support. Myself and the Old Grey Fella had a lovely time surrounded by Ulster supporters at that match. Apart from Dan's injury of course which really took the shine off it.
That and the fact that they absolutely should have won that match bar a brainfart. But winning jammy is still winning.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Play-offs to Aviva?

Post by blockhead »

desperado wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:53 pm I'd prefer to have had Ulster in the RDS, and the QF (if we win) in Lansdowne road. Giving up 'home' advantage to a large degree in the round of 16 by playing it in Lansdowne Road. Attendance will be close on 50:50 split. Does the club decide where the R16 is played?
The Aviva is as "home" advantage as you can get. Won about 35 of the 40 or so games we have played there. And we've lost 2 semis and 2 finals in the RDS.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!