Mullet

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by Laighin Break »

400K a year, according to Birch
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Laighin Break wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:52 pm 400K a year, according to Birch
Jeepers! where are Scarlets getting that sort of cash from :shock:
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

If they have the cash and it’s sustainable, good for the league to bring in big names. Problem is…
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

The Scarlets annual wage budget is around £6MN, so they are spending 7% of that on a single player?

If the numbers are true, bold strategy, he may well be worth the cash.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

:green clap:
riocard911 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:13 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:56 pm Could they not just switch it to Cork? I'd say their Cork fans would be delighted to see a match on their Doorstep for a change. Okay so they might lose a few shekels but I would garner some goodwill from the Cork Support I would have thought

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 81131.html
Seems Munster rugby world comes to a halt for ... Ed Sheeran. Nearly as bad as GAA world bending over backwards to accomodate ... Garth Brooks. What I think about these two showbiz figures, I would rather not put into words. At least as Leinster fans we can be proud of the fact, that the one and only Prince himself played in the RDS in 1992. I was there and it was MAGIC!!!!!!!

p.s. And before anyone points it out - I confess: I am a pop musical snob and proud of it.
I'd wrongly assumed the Ed Sheeran gets priority ove rugby at Thomond Park was a wind-up.😂😂
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:18 pm
Laighin Break wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:52 pm 400K a year, according to Birch
JP's welsh cousin?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Oldschool wrote: January 28th, 2022, 11:21 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:18 pm
JP's welsh cousin?
wonder has he a Dublin Cousin out in Ballymun or Finglas.

Anto "buckets of blood" Welsh :D
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Eben Etzebeth is leaving Toulon and rumoured to be heading to the Shark's in South Africa. It would be great to see him in the URC tearing up trees.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

JJ HANRAHAN WILL join the Dragons on a long-term deal at the end of the season, the Welsh region have confirmed.

Now that's a bit of a turnip.

A very good player but with regular brain farts.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

sunshiner1 wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:41 am Eben Etzebeth is leaving Toulon and rumoured to be heading to the Shark's in South Africa. It would be great to see him in the URC tearing up trees.
Apparently on £900,000 / season at Toulon. Will need to take substantial pay cut to return to South Africa, where the total salary budget for each team is only around £3m based on quotes by the Sharks CEO Eduard Coetzee. Apparently has been released by Toulon, so any buying club would not need to buy out his remaining contract beyond the summer.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:17 am JJ HANRAHAN WILL join the Dragons on a long-term deal at the end of the season, the Welsh region have confirmed.

Now that's a bit of a turnip for the books

Fixed - slow day I'm afraid.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

blockhead wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:17 am JJ HANRAHAN WILL join the Dragons on a long-term deal at the end of the season, the Welsh region have confirmed.

very odd move, the dragons are the worst of the welsh regions and have the lowest budget

Really strange career move can only think they have made him a crazy offer, if they have that sort of cash they would be better off spending it on their front 5
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neill_m wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:30 am
sunshiner1 wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:41 am Eben Etzebeth is leaving Toulon and rumoured to be heading to the Shark's in South Africa. It would be great to see him in the URC tearing up trees.
Apparently on £900,000 / season at Toulon. Will need to take substantial pay cut to return to South Africa, where the total salary budget for each team is only around £3m based on quotes by the Sharks CEO Eduard Coetzee. Apparently has been released by Toulon, so any buying club would not need to buy out his remaining contract beyond the summer.
I don't feel sorry for him.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

JB1973 wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:38 am

very odd move, the dragons are the worst of the welsh regions and have the lowest budget

Really strange career move can only think they have made him a crazy offer, if they have that sort of cash they would be better off spending it on their front 5
It was a one year contract in Clermont with an option for another year that wasn't picked up. He might well be taking a paycut in the current market.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

ronk wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:41 am
JB1973 wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:38 am

It was a one year contract in Clermont with an option for another year that wasn't picked up. He might well be taking a paycut in the current market.
This appears to be a 3 year deal with the dragons, Sam Davies is a good 10 so maybe he will play 12 instead of Roberts (a real change of style there) or at 15 have been rumors their current full back is coming to the ospreys but nothing confirmed

The dragons are always moaning about their budget being so small , not sure having two international fly half's is a wise use of limited funds, although JJ is a good player
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Thought the Welsh regions were supposedly broke? Good to see that quality come to the URC
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

neill_m wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:30 am
Etzebeth would be able to make decent sponsorship money back in Safferland to top up his Sharks salary, I imagine.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Theleinsterlad wrote: February 16th, 2022, 11:25 am Thought the Welsh regions were supposedly broke? Good to see that quality come to the URC
The dragons just announced they are signing Rhodri Jones the loose head prop for next season , decent if he can stay fit
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Etzebeth has officially joined the Sharks for next season onwards.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

neill_m wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:19 am Etzebeth has officially joined the Sharks for next season onwards.
Another boost for the League.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!