United Rugby Championship

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: United Rugby Championship

Post by riocard911 »

Dragons beating the Sharks 12-6 at HT. Can they win two weeks in a row?.....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sharks pip the Dragons in the end in a cracking match
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Top half of the table after three matches are all four SA teams, ourselves and the Red Hand, Treviso and Ospreys.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 1st, 2022, 9:35 pm Sharks pip the Dragons in the end in a cracking match
That was the best Dragons performance I can remember seeing in my entire life. They were unlucky not to win.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

This piece from John O'Sullivan in the IT of Mon 3rd Oct suggests that Aussie rugby chiefs are experiencing the same concerns that we are seeing in NH season.

https://www.google.com/search?q=austral ... e&ie=UTF-8

World Rugby must speed-up the game and take out the delays that coaches and players want. Spectators and the fittest players and most progressive coaches want these changes.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Rumours abound that 3 players have been sacked by Cardiff, (Lewis, Navidi and Asseratti) no idea if its true though.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

blockhead wrote: October 6th, 2022, 4:00 pm Rumours abound that 3 players have been sacked by Cardiff, (Lewis, Navidi and Asseratti) no idea if its true though.
I wonder is this anything to do with the untoward behaviour in a pub a few weeks ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-63117678
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 4:08 pm
blockhead wrote: October 6th, 2022, 4:00 pm Rumours abound that 3 players have been sacked by Cardiff, (Lewis, Navidi and Asseratti) no idea if its true though.
I wonder is this anything to do with the untoward behaviour in a pub a few weeks ago

Of course it isn't, its for not getting the Try bonus point against Munster!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 4:08 pm

#egggate happened on Saturday night I believe, lost to the Lions at home on the Friday night.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Stinger for Cardiff having assembled such a good squad for this to happen. 2 TPs out the door . I suppose there's some bargains to be had with Warriors going bang
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Fantastic attendance for us today. Confirms to me that the URC is the best brand we've ever had. The addition of the SA sides means that every league game feels like a must win.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by blockhead

Rumours abound that 3 players have been sacked by Cardiff, (Lewis, Navidi and Asseratti) no idea if its true though.
Regardless of how it affects Cardiff (if true) this could have bigger repercussions with Wales. The optics of them picking players fired from their club is not something they would do (or the sponsors let them do). Navidi has been a big player with them the last few seasons so losing a player of his calibre would be a blow.
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

sunshiner1 wrote: October 9th, 2022, 11:00 am
by blockhead

Regardless of how it affects Cardiff (if true) this could have bigger repercussions with Wales. The optics of them picking players fired from their club is not something they would do (or the sponsors let them do). Navidi has been a big player with them the last few seasons so losing a player of his calibre would be a blow.
Cardiff issued a statement midweek saying

Cardiff Rugby are aware of false information being published on social media sites speculating on the outcome of an internal investigation. The investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour on Saturday evening is ongoing and has not come to a conclusion.

No disciplinary decisions have been made and no contracts have been terminated. We ask that supporters and members of the media respect the ongoing process.

So basically they haven't been fired yet but there's an ongoing disciplinary process going on.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by naraic

Cardiff issued a statement midweek saying

Cardiff Rugby are aware of false information being published on social media sites speculating on the outcome of an internal investigation. The investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour on Saturday evening is ongoing and has not come to a conclusion.

No disciplinary decisions have been made and no contracts have been terminated. We ask that supporters and members of the media respect the ongoing process.

So basically they haven't been fired yet but there's an ongoing disciplinary process going on.
Thanks for the up-date. Good to know.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Two 'under-the-radar' games tomorrow are Sharks v Glasgow & Edinburgh v Benetton. Two away wins would be real statements but two home wins would be expected. Keep an eye on these games on Sat afternoon.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote: October 14th, 2022, 3:11 pm Two 'under-the-radar' games tomorrow are Sharks v Glasgow & Edinburgh v Benetton. Two away wins would be real statements but two home wins would be expected. Keep an eye on these games on Sat afternoon.
Sharks have added some of their big name SA internationals to their squad, so I don't see it going too well for Glasgow.
Dont Panic!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Ruckedtobits wrote: October 14th, 2022, 3:11 pm Two 'under-the-radar' games tomorrow are Sharks v Glasgow & Edinburgh v Benetton. Two away wins would be real statements but two home wins would be expected. Keep an eye on these games on Sat afternoon.
Paddy Power giving Glasgow a 13 point head start, Benetton a 15 point head start. Thought Sharks would be bigger favourites given their 23.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Good result by Ospreys against Stormers 16-16. Could be an important result for us by January.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Glasgow leading 7-3 against Sharks and turning down 3 points in front of the posts, they mess up lineout and Sharks go up the pitch and kick a penalty 7-6 to Glasgow.

You would think if Glasgow are to win it will be tight, if they are to lose which you would think is the likely result they would want a LBP. Wonder why Glasgow are not trying to keep the scoreboard ticking over.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Weegies getting steamrolled in the 2nd half. 28-12 68 mins.