Ringroses passing
Ross Byrne taking the ball while running
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster V Montpellier 16th Jan 2021

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:56 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:31 pm
hugonaut wrote: January 16th, 2022, 5:40 pm https://www.the42.ie/philippe-saint-and ... 2-Jan2022/

"Eighteen guys in my squad had Covid, we couldn’t play last week against, Toulouse (Top 14). Today we managed to have a team but we changed three times the team during the week." - Philippe Saint-Andre
at least the lying pr!*k got a chance to tog his team out
It's the fact that it's from the horse's mouth. His squad was full of Covid, he had to change his team multiple times during the week ... but they were allowed to send a team over and play their scheduled match. In which we f*cking annihilated them.

It reminds me of a certain situation last month ... just one small difference!

Here was the team that we would have played against them in December:

Backs [15-9]: Jimmy O’Brien; Adam Byrne, Jamie Osborne, Ciarán Frawley, James Lowe; Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Forwards [1-8]: Cian Healy, Rónan Kelleher, Andrew Porter; Ryan Baird, James Ryan (captain); Max Deegan, Dan Leavy; Jack Conan.
Replacements [16-23]: Dan Sheehan, Ed Byrne, Vakh Abdaladze, Devin Toner, Jack Dunne, Cormac Foley, Tommy O’Brien, Scott Penny.

12 Irish internationals in the starting XV, 15 in the matchday 23, with 373 test caps between them.
That's exactly it. As soon as they saw that team named they knew they were turkeys the week before Christmas. Getting us DSQd would have been worth a risk.

Now they still have a shot at home against Exeter.
leinster.not.D4
Beginner

Post by leinster.not.D4 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:07 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:54 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:29 pm

so what are we saying here?
- it's OK to use homophobic slurs? OR
- lawn fairy is not a homophobic slur?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... wn%20fairy

I never understood that to be a homophobic phrase. See above.
Fair enough, I have always only heard the word fairy as a homophobic slur - I have never heard of lawn fairy as a soccer player

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fairy

slang, offensive : a gay person —used as a term of abuse and disparagement
Strangly enough I had heard the word fairy used in many non homophobic ways.
As a way to describe little people with wings
As a form of bland bun
As a term of endearment for diveball
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better. However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

leinster.not.D4 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:36 pm

Fair enough, I have always only heard the word fairy as a homophobic slur - I have never heard of lawn fairy as a soccer player

As a way to describe little people with wings
As a form of bland bun
As a term of endearment for diveball
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better. However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.
I see you're only a "beginner" god bless you.
For what it's worth if I want to know the meaning of a word I look it up in my Oxford dictionary, admittedly a few years out of date.
Urban dictionaries wouldn't be a source I'd check or even rely on.
No doubt due to the unnecessary treatment you have received here you'll probably not post again.
That would be a pity.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

As a way to describe little people with wings doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a form of bland bun doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a term of endearment for diveball doesn't fit in the context you used it
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better.I know, you're probably very talented However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. I'm not offended at all, genuinely zero fox given Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster agreed, that is shite. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.That can happen, to take your own advice you could have read the response to your comment without your "I'm offended" filter on
responses above in this color

as I said, I thought it wasn't a great phrase to use at the time, but it's all good you do you.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:56 pm

As a way to describe little people with wings doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a form of bland bun doesn't fit in the context you used it
As a term of endearment for diveball doesn't fit in the context you used it
Many others.
Many words can be pounced upon by those seeking offence and honestly if I were to choose to be offensive I could do so much better.I know, you're probably very talented However I acknowledge your right to feel upset and recommend that you try to read comments as they are without your "I'm offended" filter turned on. I'm not offended at all, genuinely zero fox given Due to newstalk being unable to keep a voice channel open I was reduced to listening to Liverpool and some other town in the UK I have no interest in playing a "sport" that bores me to tears instead of listening to my beloved leinster agreed, that is shite. Was I pissed off hell yes. So I asked for a score update and get accused of being homophobic.That can happen, to take your own advice you could have read the response to your comment without your "I'm offended" filter on
responses above in this color

as I said, I thought it wasn't a great phrase to use at the time, but it's all good you do you.
So it's official then, you've been nominated for sainthood.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:30 pm some encouraging aspects today:

Ringroses passing
Ross Byrne taking the ball while running
Putting a huge number on this shower. Great determination, focus and ruthlessness from the lads out there.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Got a feeling that must be our biggest winning margin in a competitive match ever.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Apparently we put a hockey score on Bourgoin in 2004
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:53 pm Apparently we put a hockey score on Bourgoin in 2004
92-17. A higher score but a lower winning margin.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cormac wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:14 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:53 pm Apparently we put a hockey score on Bourgoin in 2004
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/match-stat ... d=04LB6746

5100 socially distanced fans in Lansdowne Road
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:09 pm A good performance that delivered everything that was required. The opposition was dreadful, but thats not Leinster's problem

Win - check
Bonus Point - check
Points chase - check
Try count - check
No serious injuries - check

We looked rusty at times, there were some hard hands out there on occasion, but thats only to be expected with the layoff and disjointed training over the last 5 weeks. And of course, now that rust has been scraped away.

Man of the match went justifiably to JvDF - Jimmy O'Brien deserves a mention though, as do the rest of the back row
I thought Ringer was close to SOTM.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

If I recall; That's when Drico p#$%ked his 'ring up'' after scoring a try sprinting the length of the pitch being chased by some very big winger? of Polynesian? extraction. I could be wrong though

Actually it was v Agen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjh8RVQyLXw
Last edited by desperado on January 16th, 2022, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:18 pm

I was ast that game, the following week, BOD scored one of his best ever tries to pinch the win in France. It was the night of my companies christmast party, a dinner in the Chameleon restaurant in Temple bar - a meal I missed to watch the Leinster game in the Hapenny Bridge Inn!
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

desperado wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:23 pm
If I recall; That's when Drico p#$%ked his 'ring up'' after scoring a try sprinting the length of the pitch being chased by some very big winger? of Polynesian? extraction. I could be wrong though
You are I'm afraid, that was against Agen two seasons later, and the big winger was the legendary Caucaunibuca
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:24 pm

I was ast that game, the following week, BOD scored one of his best ever tries to pinch the win in France. It was the night of my companies christmast party, a dinner in the Chameleon restaurant in Temple bar - a meal I missed to watch the Leinster game in the Hapenny Bridge Inn!
Ooh, you are awful; but I like it!!!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MJceJQd4I
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:25 pm
desperado wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:23 pm
You are I'm afraid, that was against Agen two seasons later, and the big winger was the legendary Caucaunibuca
if I remember correctly The Boss gave him honourable mention for puking on the hallowed turf at his gig in the RDS the next week
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote: January 16th, 2022, 9:37 pm Got a feeling that must be our biggest winning margin in a competitive match ever.
Yep, although we didn’t equal or better the 92 points we put on Bourgoin back in 2004 we did beat our highest winning margin, which was 75 points. We also equalled our highest number of tries (13) and highest number of conversions (12) in one match.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever