Bath v Leinster Sat 1pm The Rec C4/Virgin/BT

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Bath v Leinster Sat 1pm The Rec C4/Virgin/BT

Post by riocard911 »

the spoofer wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:12 pm Watching the match back. Dallaglio is an absolute arsehole.
Gives me a total pain too!!!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

what's he at?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Lol Dolollollio was always a dick, that England team was not particularly likeable to say the least*, but I appreciated his counterpoint. You need an English voice talking about the good stuff like when the young outhalf and the sub centre clicked. It was some nice play and needed to be celebrated.

Like the match would be insufferable for a neutral without it and I, as I said, appreciated it.

*nah, thought better of it!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I would have had the same opinion of him over the years until I met him after a legends game in Donnybrook about 10 years ago.

Very down to earth and humble and nothing like my impression of him. (And smoking too which shocked me a bit) had a few pints with him so wasn't just a 2 minute impression.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

johng wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:58 pm I would have had the same opinion of him over the years until I met him after a legends game in Donnybrook about 10 years ago.

Very down to earth and humble and nothing like my impression of him. (And smoking too which shocked me a bit) had a few pints with him so wasn't just a 2 minute impression.
Glad to hear it. Even if it makes me look small minded!

I stand by the other part though: Orlando Bailey did some excellent stuff and paired well with Ojomoh late on. Everyone back fit and the new defense coach and Bath will be transformed next year. JvG can oversee that at the very least.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Great performance today by all the team. Just like to add that I thought the Italian ref was excellent. He reffed everything the same for both sides and I know the game time was longer but I don’t think that was all his fault. Would take him over some of the clowns that have reffed lately
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I agree on the ref. He was very clear in his communications with both sides.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Bath fans around me great fans of Jimmy O'Brien. Even started chanting his name after his 4th try.
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

FLIP wrote:Bath fans around me great fans of Jimmy O'Brien. Even started chanting his name after his 4th try.
Fair play to them, they having a shitty time but they’re still giving great support
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They deserve so much better than van Graan failing upwards.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Anyone notice Sexton having a little strop when McGrath's pass missed him completely and went to ground in backfield?

I don't usually notice the issues with his passing but today had a few wild ones.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Morf wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 1:45 am Anyone notice Sexton having a little strop when McGrath's pass missed him completely and went to ground in backfield?

I don't usually notice the issues with his passing but today had a few wild ones.
The technical term for McGrath’s passing is “sometimes a bit all over the place”
Atlas
Bookworm

Post by Atlas »

Morf wrote:Anyone notice Sexton having a little strop when McGrath's pass missed him completely and went to ground in backfield?

Yeah I saw that, sexton just stood still on the spot, didn't even bother to chase after and secure the ball, just stared Luke out of it.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Agree on the bath fans, they are true supporters and you could even see them applauding Leinster as they scored their tries. It’s really disappointing that they have picked VanG to try and come in and sort it as the first thing he will do is destroy their academy players opportunities. The likes of Future baileys etc wont get a chance under him
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:58 pm I would have had the same opinion of him over the years until I met him after a legends game in Donnybrook about 10 years ago.

Dal boy has a few things going for him
1. Great with the fans, would sign autographs over and above the allotted time, nothing too much trouble to him.
In comparison his captain fantastic Martin Johnson was the opposite.
2. He was Irish qualified, Murphy approached him to sign up, offering pints etc as an inducement.
Dal boy told him he wanted a professional setup and signed opted for England.
3. Post match Ireland v England interview.
I can't understand why Eric Miller isn't starting for Ireland and a bit more....
(Miller had come on as a sub and nearly turned the game Ireland way)
Right between the eyes and honest when Irish selection was very selective but not necessarily optimised.

He's now a medium man, didn't hear his commentary but how, as a homer, do you pander to the home audience when their team is being smashed.
Always been a fan tbh.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 11:22 pm They deserve so much better than van Graan failing upwards.
Right on the money. (Long hand for +1)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Hard to know where we stand after that. Bath definitely didn't roll over but they are a very poor and badly coached team. I am a bit concerned that we are heading into the business end of the season without having been really tested, which has done for us before.

That being said, we are playing some magnificent rugby. Loved the way Sexton mixed things up yesterday and worked round the rush defence. An absolute masterclass at outhalf. Great performances from all of the backs, JOB has rightly got a lot of plaudits. For the second week in a row Jordan gained 100m plus and a real shout out to Hugo Keenan who week in week out is quite simply outstanding.

The pack were excellent and when Dan Sheehan came on he made more yardage than any other forward except Conan. I'm beginning to wonder whether he's better than Kelleher. We definitely need to hold onto him.

Shaky start against a spirited team but once we worked them out it was steamroller time.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We had a point to prove and we were able to go up a few gears to do it. That in itself is not worrying and we can only beat what's in front of us.

Bath and Montpellier are not weak up front and we were strong there.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

What a great bunch of fans Bath have. They cheered on their team right to the very end. Maybe they were being ironic considering the awful season they are suffering but still. They turned up and supported their team. Of course no relegation this season helps too.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 12:25 pm Hard to know where we stand after that. Bath definitely didn't roll over but they are a very poor and badly coached team. I am a bit concerned that we are heading into the business end of the season without having been really tested, which has done for us before.

That being said, we are playing some magnificent rugby. Loved the way Sexton mixed things up yesterday and worked round the rush defence. An absolute masterclass at outhalf. Great performances from all of the backs, JOB has rightly got a lot of plaudits. For the second week in a row Jordan gained 100m plus and a real shout out to Hugo Keenan who week in week out is quite simply outstanding.

The pack were excellent and when Dan Sheehan came on he made more yardage than any other forward except Conan. I'm beginning to wonder whether he's better than Kelleher. We definitely need to hold onto him.

Shaky start against a spirited team but once we worked them out it was steamroller time.
We were really tested against Ulster just a month ago and lost.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.