Connacht v Leinster 8th April

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Connacht v Leinster 8th April

Post by Dexter »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: April 9th, 2022, 5:13 pm What was so bad about Johnny’s interactions with the ref? I only really remember him complaining after the Molony “obstruction” and then giving out to Carty but not actually the referee.

I’m genuinely asking btw, enough people have mentioned it that I must have missed something.
Was wondering the same thing. I didn't see much either. Any examples?
Dont Panic!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

You have to really really want it
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 9th, 2022, 7:27 pm You have to really really want it
Carty was doing his level best to help the ref see. :lol:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ronk wrote: April 8th, 2022, 11:28 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:23 pm
ronk wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:17 pm

Marmion was tackled into him so it was unexpected. He was high but not looking to lay a king hit. He unplants his feet to depower and let him backwards out of the tackle, which reduces the force.
Intent is irrelevant so we can ignore that bit.

Freeze this at 1.04 or 1.27 and watch Marmion's head bounce back.

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 5793409032

The facts are JGP doesn't wrap and hits Marmion square in the nose, enough to cause what looks like a break. Marmion didn't drop significantly and there are not other mitigating factors.

It was a clear red by letter of the law and we were very lucky to escape it.

From the link that you posted…
Show Spoiler:
Considerations

1. Has head contact occurred?

Head contact includes neck and throat area

2. Was there foul play?

Considerations:

Intentional
Reckless
Avoidable
3. What was the degree of danger?

Considerations include:

Direct vs indirect contact
High force vs low force
4. Is there any mitigation?

Considerations include:

Line of sight
Sudden and significant drop or movement
Clear attempt to change height
Level of control
Upright - passive vs dynamic
:mrgreen:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

I'd really prefer it if we applied the principles of the game on refs, the captain talks nobody else. Was at the game, as expected Connacht came at us and played very well. Our execution was poor at times and sloppy. On the plus side, it's still a contest which means we'll get a decent crowd on Friday hopefully.

As an aside, the access to the Sportsground it bloody awful, took us half an hour to get in last friday.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Flash Gordon wrote:I'd really prefer it if we applied the principles of the game on refs, the captain talks nobody else. Was at the game, as expected Connacht came at us and played very well. Our execution was poor at times and sloppy. On the plus side, it's still a contest which means we'll get a decent crowd on Friday hopefully.

As an aside, the access to the Sportsground it bloody awful, took us half an hour to get in last friday.
Makes the RDS look like the Nou Camp

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Had the same issue getting into the ground, assume you were in the College Road terrace? For some reason they only had one turnstile open for that whole side of the stadium, it was nuts. They finally opened all of them about 3 minutes before kick off. As I got into the terrace Lowe's kick was just getting blocked down right before Connacht's first try.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Serb wrote: April 11th, 2022, 4:05 pm Had the same issue getting into the ground, assume you were in the College Road terrace? For some reason they only had one turnstile open for that whole side of the stadium, it was nuts. They finally opened all of them about 3 minutes before kick off. As I got into the terrace Lowe's kick was just getting blocked down right before Connacht's first try.
Yep, it was absolutely crazy. There were no queues at the entrance to the Clan Terrace side which is also at the College Road end. They weren't letting people in there but the queues were mad to that turnstyle and were obstructing traffic on the road. Absolute shitshow. They really need to upgrade their facilities.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

On 39 minutes my bladder couldn't take much more so I thought I'd beat the crowd and go for a pee. I got back to the terrace 5 minutes into the second half. They had 3 urinals and 2 cubicles for half the stadium (c.4,500 people). Spoke to a season ticket holder, who told me they normally have portapottys too but they had got rid of them for this match in favour of more food trucks. I'd say I had 2 or 3 fewer pints than I would have had as I didn't want to have to go to the jacks again. A brain dead effort to maximise revenue from Connacht. I certainly won't rush back to the Sportsground.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

joooooe wrote: April 12th, 2022, 9:28 pm On 39 minutes my bladder couldn't take much more so I thought I'd beat the crowd and go for a pee. I got back to the terrace 5 minutes into the second half. They had 3 urinals and 2 cubicles for half the stadium (c.4,500 people). Spoke to a season ticket holder, who told me they normally have portapottys too but they had got rid of them for this match in favour of more food trucks. I'd say I had 2 or 3 fewer pints than I would have had as I didn't want to have to go to the jacks again. A brain dead effort to maximise revenue from Connacht. I certainly won't rush back to the Sportsground.
Agreed, been there & will never go back til they upgrade their facilities, trying g to find a women's bathroom was ridiculous!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

joooooe wrote: April 12th, 2022, 9:28 pm On 39 minutes my bladder couldn't take much more so I thought I'd beat the crowd and go for a pee. I got back to the terrace 5 minutes into the second half. They had 3 urinals and 2 cubicles for half the stadium (c.4,500 people). Spoke to a season ticket holder, who told me they normally have portapottys too but they had got rid of them for this match in favour of more food trucks. I'd say I had 2 or 3 fewer pints than I would have had as I didn't want to have to go to the jacks again. A brain dead effort to maximise revenue from Connacht. I certainly won't rush back to the Sportsground.
This is wrong.

I used porta loos behind the College Road terrace. I walked straight up to them as there was no que.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

JGP citing dismissed, OK for Friday

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

IanD wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:40 am
This is wrong.

I used porta loos behind the College Road terrace. I walked straight up to them as there was no que.
Maybe joooooe is a woman. Different stadium experience.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

blockhead wrote: April 13th, 2022, 10:03 am
IanD wrote: April 13th, 2022, 9:40 am
This is wrong.

Maybe joooooe is a woman. Different stadium experience.
For the record, I'm not!

The stewards didn't seem to know about those extra toilets and nor did the Connacht fans queueing with me for 20 minutes.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Jamison Gibson-Park citing dismissed

A citing complaint against the Leinster Rugby replacement scrum half, Jamison Gibson-Park, arising from his club’s Heineken Champions Cup, Round of 16 1st leg match against Connacht Rugby at The Sportsground has been dismissed following an independent Disciplinary Hearing by video conference.

Gibson-Park was cited by the match Citing Commissioner, Maurizio Vancini (Italy), for allegedly tackling the Connacht Rugby scrum half, Kieran Marmion, in a dangerous manner in the 56th minute of the match in contravention of Law 9.13.

Law 9.13 A player must not tackle an opponent dangerously
Under World Rugby’s Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 9.13 relating to dangerous tackling carries the following sanction entry points – Low End: 2 weeks; Mid-range: 6 weeks; Top end: 10 to 52 weeks.

The independent Disciplinary Committee comprising Philippe Cavalieros (France), chair, Yannick Jauzion (France) and Mitchell Read (England), considered video imagery of the incident and heard submissions from Gibson-Park, who did not accept that his act of foul play warranted a red card, from the player’s legal representative, Derek Hegarty, from the Leinster Rugby Head of Rugby Operations, Guy Easterby, and from the EPCR Disciplinary Officer, Liam McTiernan.

While the committee determined that Gibson-Park had committed an act of foul play, it found that his action involved a low degree of force which did not warrant a red card. The citing complaint was therefore dismissed and Gibson-Park is free to play.

EPCR have the right to appeal the decision.