Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Leicester V Leinster EPCR q/f 2022

Post by riocard911 »

It's imperial hangover. They think the world should still revolve around them and refuse to acknowledge that the world has moved on. The Nigels' screeching is only gonna get worse, as the URC gets more popular and English teams start getting knocked out of European comps not just by the Irish provinces but by the Saffer franchises too. Can't wait!!!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Flash Gordon wrote: May 9th, 2022, 9:44 am
jezzer wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:10 am The first half absolutely exposed Leicester and their deficiencies if they want to eat at the top table

The second half exposed Leinster. Not equally so, because we somehow hung in and Leicester aren't really built to chase a game. But the cracks in the walls are real and they need filling. Tactically we fell between two stools which allowed Tigers to stay to some degree in the game.
Leicester are a decent outfit but you'd fancy any one of the semi finalists to beat them. From our point of view, there were some worrying frailties up front and at the scrum which did for us against Saracens and La Roch previously.

The whining coming from England is really tiresome though. They have a system which results in pretty much all clubs losing money and they are uncompetitive at European level. Nothing at all stopping them reforming their system of course but rather than do that they'd prefer to rip down a system that produces home grown players and benefits the club and national team (and is financially viable). Bizarre, it's like a sports version of Brexit.
Or alternatively buy the competition and jig the rules to suit!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Double post
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:42 am It's imperial hangover. They think the world should still revolve around them and refuse to acknowledge that the world has moved on. The Nigels' screeching is only gonna get worse, as the URC gets more popular and English teams start getting knocked out of European comps not just by the Irish provinces but by the Saffer franchises too. Can't wait!!!
Ultimately not good for NH rugby.
You don't want to reach a stage where the satisfaction in beating the poms becomes equal to the satisfaction in beating the Italians. :D
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

riocard911 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 10:42 am It's imperial hangover. They think the world should still revolve around them and refuse to acknowledge that the world has moved on. The Nigels' screeching is only gonna get worse, as the URC gets more popular and English teams start getting knocked out of European comps not just by the Irish provinces but by the Saffer franchises too. Can't wait!!!
It's a human trait to see the world according to your own situation and biases, not something particular to English folk. I have seen it enough from Irish people as well as other nationalities.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

outcast eddie wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:02 pm
It's a human trait to see the world according to your own situation and biases, not something particular to English folk. I have seen it enough from Irish people as well as other nationalities.
I have too. "O, wad some Power the giftie gie us, To see oursels as others see us..." - Robbie Burns
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:36 pm
I have too. "O, wad some Power the giftie gie us, To see oursels as others see us..." - Robbie Burns
We are three people.
1. The person we think we are ourselves.
2. The person others see us as.
3. The person we really are.

Try correlating that.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschool wrote: May 9th, 2022, 5:39 pm
riocard911 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:36 pm

We are three people.
1. The person we think we are ourselves.
2. The person others see us as.
3. The person we really are.

Try correlating that.
Something to do with triangulation? Or perhaps intersectionality? Eh, I give up. Too hard for me!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Anyone find the full game online?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Well maybe but we were rubbish in the 90's an we built a model and system to address the fact that we couldn't compete with rich English and French clubs. That system is the one they are complaining about. They are also a business and what they are doing isn't working (pretty much all clubs lose money) so you'd expect them to at least question their own model's suitability. However rather than do that their ongoing solution is to express the desire to break systems that work. Some of the attitudes remind me of Brexit to be honest.

Tell you what we are in trouble if they ever cop on, they 400,000 players to pick from, the right system with that player base would be tough to compete against!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Keith wrote:Anyone find the full game online?
https://fullmatchtv.com/other-sports/ru ... 7-05-2022/
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Serb wrote: May 9th, 2022, 6:43 pm
Cheers, only starts in the 11th minute though Anna sent me 7 photos so Im sorted for the night.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead wrote: May 9th, 2022, 7:40 pm
Serb wrote: May 9th, 2022, 6:43 pm
Cheers, only starts in the 11th minute though Anna sent me 7 photos so Im sorted for the night.
full game here: https://ok.ru/video/4260153592496
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I guess the first feed was via BT Sport 2 which overlapped with the penalties from the Munster game.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Thats in fuppin French Mildly!
Same as rugbylist
And no Anna
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

RMcB speaking yesterday said there was a "flash flood" just before the game on saturday. I think he was referring, maybe, to our lovely hosts watering the pitch to ensure wet ball and less favourable conditions for the men in blue?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:06 am RMcB speaking yesterday said there was a "flash flood" just before the game on saturday. I think he was referring, maybe, to our lovely hosts watering the pitch to ensure wet ball and less favourable conditions for the men in blue?
That’s mad Ted, did that really happen?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:32 am
blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:06 am RMcB speaking yesterday said there was a "flash flood" just before the game on saturday. I think he was referring, maybe, to our lovely hosts watering the pitch to ensure wet ball and less favourable conditions for the men in blue?
Leo commented on that too in this article on the The24:

"Even when we arrived down, the pitch was covered in water. I don’t know if you guys spotted that, but obviously they’d done a complete job on the pitch which had us squelching around, but when George Ford slipped over in the wet patch (in the second half), that made me laugh.”"
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Laighin Break wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:39 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:32 am
Leo commented on that too in this article on the The24:

"Even when we arrived down, the pitch was covered in water. I don’t know if you guys spotted that, but obviously they’d done a complete job on the pitch which had us squelching around, but when George Ford slipped over in the wet patch (in the second half), that made me laugh.”"
Luke Fitz mentions on the Left Wing that the visitors changing room in Welford Road is always dripping wet from ceiling to floors and wall to wall.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Couldn't believe the size of the dressing room at HT. There was literally no room for subs to sit down.

The watering the grass thing is a good indication that Tigers were more afraid of us than we were of them.

Didn't slow down the ball in the first 20 minutes though.