Heineken Cup Dates 2022/23

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Heineken Cup Dates 2022/23

Post by footrush »

Hi just picked up a weekend ticket for the final next year in Dublin, (on the way to Marseille at the moment) so didn’t read up on exactly what this is, does it include both games ?. It’s a banker ticket 134 row C always like to be near the pitch €68 seems really cheap for two games ?.
Flying wedge
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

footrush wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:27 pm Hi just picked up a weekend ticket for the final next year in Dublin, (on the way to Marseille at the moment) so didn’t read up on exactly what this is, does it include both games ?. It’s a banker ticket 134 row C always like to be near the pitch €68 seems really cheap for two games ?.
It is both games. Individual final tickets don't go on sale till June 7th. Blurb says your Challenge Ticket will be same category but different seat etc. Picked up golden ticket last week.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

neill_m wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:48 pm
footrush wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:27 pm Hi just picked up a weekend ticket for the final next year in Dublin, (on the way to Marseille at the moment) so didn’t read up on exactly what this is, does it include both games ?. It’s a banker ticket 134 row C always like to be near the pitch €68 seems really cheap for two games ?.
It is both games. Individual final tickets don't go on sale till June 7th. Blurb says your Challenge Ticket will be same category but different seat etc. Picked up golden ticket last week.
Cheers Neill Just picked it up in case they sell out ?. That’s fantastic value no matter who is in it :happy clapper:
Flying wedge
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Hi! Does anyone have a link for tickets for Heineken cup tickets for 2023? I’ve been trying via the ECPR website and signed up to the newsletter for access to tickets but I can’t seem to find a link through either. I see Ticketmaster have general sale on June 9th, but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Gwan the lads today!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Up Wexford wrote:Hi! Does anyone have a link for tickets for Heineken cup tickets for 2023? I’ve been trying via the ECPR website and signed up to the newsletter for access to tickets but I can’t seem to find a link through either. I see Ticketmaster have general sale on June 9th, but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Gwan the lads today!
Yeah I didn't get the link from the newsletter but from what I can see that presale has closed now anyway

I did pick up some "weekend" tickets for both games which are reasonable

Otherwise have to wait for public sale but I'd be surprised if you don't pick some up then

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Great, thanks! Are there still weekend tickets available? I’ll definitely pick up some of there are!
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Weekend tickets still available on ticketmaster UK, thanks for the pointer!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Up Wexford wrote:Weekend tickets still available on ticketmaster UK, thanks for the pointer!
Sorry just saw your question but looks like you're sorted. Yes Ticketmaster (Ireland as well as UK) have them up.

All the best

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Are we looking at a change of format for the group stage of next year's Heineken Cup.

The 2 groups of 12 hasn't exactly proven to be too popular so is a possible change to 8 groups of 3 with one team from the URC, one team from England and one from France making up the group on the cards?

With top 2 in each qualifying for a seeded last 16?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Ray Donovan wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:46 pm Are we looking at a change of format for the group stage of next year's Heineken Cup.

The 2 groups of 12 hasn't exactly proven to be too popular so is a possible change to 8 groups of 3 with one team from the URC, one team from England and one from France making up the group on the cards?

Only 4 weekends set aside for group phase, groups of 3 would require 6 weekends for each side to play 4 games, with each team having two bye weekends. Think we are stuck with 2 x 12.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Ray Donovan wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:46 pm Are we looking at a change of format for the group stage of next year's Heineken Cup.

I think the current format of 2x12 is very popular with a number of French clubs. Can make it into the knockouts without getting too bothered about winning away matches in the groups.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

cormac wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:57 pm

I think the current format of 2x12 is very popular with a number of French clubs. Can make it into the knockouts without getting too bothered about winning away matches in the groups.
Didn't LaR only play once outside France for the whole tournament? Suits the French.

I'd f*****g LOVE to meet LaR in Dublin next year!!
Dont Panic!
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

neill_m wrote: May 31st, 2022, 2:52 pm

Only 4 weekends set aside for group phase, groups of 3 would require 6 weekends for each side to play 4 games, with each team having two bye weekends. Think we are stuck with 2 x 12.
Very valid point that I hadn’t considered!!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Official confirmation on EPCR website that the 4 South African sides will compete in Heineken and Challenge Cups next season. Cheetahs also invited to play in the Challenge Cup, bringing that one up to a more workable number of 20 sides. Formats and draw to be confirmed/held later in June.
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Any predcitions on format of Heineken Cup?

Same as this year except for the last 16 tie to become a 1 legged affair?

Jesus, I really loved the 4 groups of 6 format to be honest. Particularly the Round 3 and Round 4 back to back fixtures in the lead up to Christmas.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neill_m wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:51 am Official confirmation on EPCR website that the 4 South African sides will compete in Heineken and Challenge Cups next season. Cheetahs also invited to play in the Challenge Cup, bringing that one up to a more workable number of 20 sides. Formats and draw to be confirmed/held later in June.
Yes. Welcome back Cheetahs.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Ray Donovan wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 12:01 pm Any predcitions on format of Heineken Cup?

Same as this year except for the last 16 tie to become a 1 legged affair?

Jesus, I really loved the 4 groups of 6 format to be honest. Particularly the Round 3 and Round 4 back to back fixtures in the lead up to Christmas.
Yup, reckon same pool phase set up with 1 game at R16. They seem to like the pools of 12.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

While I think of it, am I right in saying that no one from the URC will have to go to SA during the Group stages only the French and English teams?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 2:21 pm While I think of it, am I right in saying that no one from the URC will have to go to SA during the Group stages only the French and English teams?
Yup, 3 of the English sides and 3 of the French sides will get a bit of Sun in Dec/Jan in South Africa.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

neill_m wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 2:32 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 2:21 pm While I think of it, am I right in saying that no one from the URC will have to go to SA during the Group stages only the French and English teams?
Yup, 3 of the English sides and 3 of the French sides will get a bit of Sun in Dec/Jan in South Africa.
Hu-ho they won't like that Ted! :D

I can see that being the next big complaint "It's not fair we had to travel to South Africa and now we have Sun stroke" The big soft Nellie's :lol: