Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by Oldschool »

Hangover match so could be dodgy enough.
Injuries could be a factor too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Glasgow URC Q/F Sat 4th June 15:15

Post by curates_egg »

Doubt we’ll see Furlong or Lowe. Kelleher looked f%~ked.
I’d also be surprised if we see Sexton before a possible final, if at all.
Might need to give players like Molony and Doris a breather.

Porter, Sheehan, Mike, Ryan, Murphy, Ruddock, Penney, Conan, JGP, Ross, O’Brien, Frawley, Ringrose, Larmour, Keenan - Tracey, Healy, Clarkson, Molony, Deegan, McGrath, Harry, Henshaw
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I think you change a lot. We have the depth in a lot of places, use it.

Let the tired bodies rest and the rested bodies get a chance.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

ronk wrote:I think you change a lot. We have the depth in a lot of places, use it.

Let the tired bodies rest and the rested bodies get a chance.
I'd say they'll have to assess... Some guys might need to get straight back on the horse but I suspect there'll be a lot of emotionally drained players. I'd take a serious look at some of those that went to SA or won over Munster

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

curates_egg wrote: May 29th, 2022, 7:30 pm Doubt we’ll see Furlong or Lowe. Kelleher looked f%~ked.

Porter, Sheehan, Mike, Ryan, Murphy, Ruddock, Penney, Conan, JGP, Ross, O’Brien, Frawley, Ringrose, Larmour, Keenan - Tracey, Healy, Clarkson, Molony, Deegan, McGrath, Harry, Henshaw
Think Tracy is injured so will be Cronin or McKee on the bench.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
dougie the flanker
Learner

Post by dougie the flanker »

curates_egg wrote: May 29th, 2022, 7:30 pm Doubt we’ll see Furlong or Lowe. Kelleher looked f%~ked.

Surely by now, Joe McCarthy would be ahead of Josh Murphy in a game with this amount of stakes. He looks a really special player.

I think there's an argument that for a lot of the lads who played on Saturday having the opportunity to go bate Glasgow in a knockout match would help get them back on the horse.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

dougie the flanker wrote: May 30th, 2022, 10:46 am

Surely by now, Joe McCarthy would be ahead of Josh Murphy in a game with this amount of stakes. He looks a really special player.
I really don't understand the approach to McCarthy. Molony was absolutely gassed on Saturday and we needed bods making tackles. Yet they only brought him on with 3 minutes to go. Either he is ahead - and you play him - or he isn't.

I would be happy to see him start though.
That said, every time I see Murphy play lately, I am reminded what we are losing. He has done very well for us in the row this season.
dougie the flanker
Learner

curates_egg wrote: May 30th, 2022, 11:23 am That said, every time I see Murphy play lately, I am reminded what we are losing. He has done very well for us in the row this season.
He's done fine but he's definitely 6th choice second row at best and maybe 7th choice in the back row pecking order. And even leaving McCarthy aside you have another half dozen lads in the academy coming through that look promising.

As divisive a signing as Jason Jenkins is I think he'll give you a bit more of what you need. An extra 3-4 inches of height and 15kg will be important with Devin Toner moving on.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I wonder if porridge might be close for this. Would be great to see him back involved.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Taking of Porridge, I was down by the port in Marseille before the game and Devin Toner was there taking pictures with the fans. A lad walked up to him to get a photo and Toner duly obliged but right after he turned to him and said, “f%~k off!”

I was wondering what happened there until I realised it was Will Connors. Toner didn’t recognise him at first

With James Lowe not being able to remember his actual name during an interview, seems like he’s not the most memorable man.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Serb wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:10 pm Taking of Porridge, I was down by the port in Marseille before the game and Devin Toner was there taking pictures with the fans. A lad walked up to him to get a photo and Toner duly obliged but right after he turned to him and said, “f%~k off!”

I was wondering what happened there until I realised it was Will Connors. Toner didn’t recognise him at first Image

With James Lowe not being able to remember his actual name during an interview, seems like he’s not the most memorable man.
That's an amazing story! :lol:
Last edited by joooooe on May 31st, 2022, 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Serb wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:10 pm Taking of Porridge, I was down by the port in Marseille before the game and Devin Toner was there taking pictures with the fans. A lad walked up to him to get a photo and Toner duly obliged but right after he turned to him and said, “f%~k off!”

I was wondering what happened there until I realised it was Will Connors. Toner didn’t recognise him at first Image

Such a messer.. :lol:
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dexter wrote: May 30th, 2022, 9:39 pm

Such a messer.. :lol:
Brilliant
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 30th, 2022, 11:53 am I wonder if porridge might be close for this. Would be great to see him back involved.
Won't see Porridge this season.
Colmodon
Bookworm

Post by Colmodon »

Judging by ticketmaster we are in for an embarrassing attendance on Saturday.

Absolutely oodles of tickets in the two main stands remaining.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Training photos from this morning

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775818633/
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

cormac wrote: May 31st, 2022, 12:13 pm Training photos from this morning

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775818633/
No Lowe or Sexton?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors

RDS Arena, Dublin – KO 15.15 IRE & UK / 16.15 ITA & SA
Referee: Andrea Piardi (FIR, 23rd league game)
AR 1: Craig Evans (WRU) AR 2: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR)
TMO: Matteo Lipperini (FIR)

Live on: RTE1, Premier Sports 2, SuperSport & URC TV
dougie the flanker
Learner

Colmodon wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:42 am Judging by ticketmaster we are in for an embarrassing attendance on Saturday.

I think across the board there seems to be a bit of apathy towards these matches. A lot of Leinster fans are probably drained financially and emotionally and are banking on an easy win before rallying back around for the Semi Final and Final.

There's still a fair few tickets left for Ulster vs Munster in Ravenhill and that only holds 17k.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Colmodon wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:42 am Judging by ticketmaster we are in for an embarrassing attendance on Saturday.

The fans aren’t made of money. Don’t think you realise how expensive that trip to Marseille was. I’m sure there will be a big attendance for the URC final.
Last edited by Lock9541 on May 31st, 2022, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.