Heineken Cup 2022/23

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Heineken Cup 2022/23

Post by wixfjord »

Edinburgh have made an unbelievable amount of errors. No idea how Pyrgos is still on.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

cormac wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:55 pm Terrible fare. I don't think vd Merwe has got a pass yet.
Disagree, a contest where the Premiership League flagbearers who have scored 112 pts in their last 3 fixtures in that League are playing the 12th placed team in the URC at home, with a rabid crowd who have pressured the Ref and Officials constantly and niggled at every opportunity are in a dog-fight. Yes, the conditions are tough and contribute to lots of knock-ons & block downs, but the Leicester skill level & tactics are terrible and Edinburgh have no confidence.

Leinster coaches and players now have a clear picture of what faces them if we can beat Ulster tomorrow, and it's pretty terrible. The Premiership standard is very poor and the bottom of our league is as bad. And as for the three cheerleaders, aka commentators..........
Last edited by Ruckedtobits on March 31st, 2023, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Does Ritchie have anything between his ears?
If Edinburgh didn't have such a monumental error count they win this easy enough.
Dont Panic!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Edinburgh are a terrible team.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Leicester are not much better.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leicester have lived off Edinburgh errors. Edinburgh have been all too happy to oblige.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

neill_m wrote: March 31st, 2023, 12:13 am
Blue not red blood wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:12 pm Following up on my post earlier this week.
Some weird odds on all the games this weekend
Scarlets -27 v Brive on Friday night in Llanelli in Challenge Cup. Yes Brive are currently last in Top 14, but must be a while since Scarlets were such heavy favourites!

Scarlets 1/80 v Brive 25/1. Brive may indeed turn out to be terrible, big odds mind.
Finished 19-7 to the home side, well inside the spread. Scarlets v Clermont in Challenge Cup QF after the French side won 33-26 at Bristol.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Dexter wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:39 pm Does Ritchie have anything between his ears?
If Edinburgh didn't have such a monumental error count they win this easy enough.
has been my contention all along; Edinburgh severely lacking in the top 4 inches department - throughout the team. How did VDM manage to 'fling' the ball forward? I couldn't be arsed (sorry) doing a replay - was he trying to carry it out in one hand?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

desperado wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:12 pm
Dexter wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:39 pm Does Ritchie have anything between his ears?
has been my contention all along; Edinburgh severely lacking in the top 4 inches department - throughout the team. How did VDM manage to 'fling' the ball forward? I couldn't be arsed (sorry) doing a replay - was he trying to carry it out in one hand?
But they got nothing from Officials.
A. Clear shoulder charge / obstruction by Tigers 2nd Row on Schumann prevented him making a tackle on Wiese as he scored.
B. Foot in touch by Tigers rt. Wing, 5m from own line as he cleared the ball at 13-6.

Both clearly visible unchecked by AR or TMO and not appealed by Edinburgh.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:44 pm
desperado wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:12 pm
But they got nothing from Officials.
A. Clear shoulder charge / obstruction by Tigers 2nd Row on Schumann prevented him making a tackle on Wiese as he scored.
B. Foot in touch by Tigers rt. Wing, 5m from own line as he cleared the ball at 13-6.

Both clearly visible unchecked by AR or TMO and not appealed by Edinburgh.
True, they didn't get much. There was two scrums where the exact same thing happened, the Leicester prop lost his bind and the front row went down. 1st pen went to Leicester, 2nd one to Edinburgh. The officiating was a lottery which Edinburgh lost.
Dont Panic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:36 pm
cormac wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:55 pm Terrible fare. I don't think vd Merwe has got a pass yet.
Disagree, a contest where the Premiership League flagbearers who have scored 112 pts in their last 3 fixtures in that League are playing the 12th placed team in the URC at home, with a rabid crowd who have pressured the Ref and Officials constantly and niggled at every opportunity are in a dog-fight. Yes, the conditions are tough and contribute to lots of knock-ons & block downs, but the Leicester skill level & tactics are terrible and Edinburgh have no confidence.

Leinster coaches and players now have a clear picture of what faces them if we can beat Ulster tomorrow, and it's pretty terrible. The Premiership standard is very poor and the bottom of our league is as bad. And as for the three cheerleaders, aka commentators..........
Ulster coaches and squad will be similarly incentivised.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

You are blind to the circumstances of where Tigers are, just before covid we were in a hole, fighting relegation, change of staff on and off the field and we won the league, then England walk off with our coaching staff mid season leaving us with a rookie until the new man comes in. We have kids just out of the academy on a steep climb and a sprinkling of older players on a last hurrah. The fact we are still in the hunt for silver after the biggest @rse of a season since Noah was a lad makes us more dangerous than when you visited Welford Road. Should you win today, you will be in a contest, we don't lie down, we don't take a backward step, we have the desire to reclaim the title we had as the best "club" in the world.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

tigerburnie wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:29 am You are blind to the circumstances of where Tigers are, just before covid we were in a hole, fighting relegation, change of staff on and off the field and we won the league, then England walk off with our coaching staff mid season leaving us with a rookie until the new man comes in. We have kids just out of the academy on a steep climb and a sprinkling of older players on a last hurrah. The fact we are still in the hunt for silver after the biggest @rse of a season since Noah was a lad makes us more dangerous than when you visited Welford Road. Should you win today, you will be in a contest, we don't lie down, we don't take a backward step, we have the desire to reclaim the title we had as the best "club" in the world.
Love it TB!

I think Embra and Reynal (and the weather) all conspired in your favour, but Leicester usually love it when their credentials get questioned.

A bit more quality from midfield would do your attack game wonders. The Kelly lad had something about him.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

tigerburnie wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:29 am You are blind to the circumstances of where Tigers are, just before covid we were in a hole, fighting relegation, change of staff on and off the field and we won the league, then England walk off with our coaching staff mid season leaving us with a rookie until the new man comes in. We have kids just out of the academy on a steep climb and a sprinkling of older players on a last hurrah. The fact we are still in the hunt for silver after the biggest @rse of a season since Noah was a lad makes us more dangerous than when you visited Welford Road. Should you win today, you will be in a contest, we don't lie down, we don't take a backward step, we have the desire to reclaim the title we had as the best "club" in the world.
I don't think anyone intended to disrespect Tigers tbf. They are tough opponents with plenty of pedigree. The majority on this forum would like to see the URC teams do well and progress and were particularly frustrated with a talented URC team like Edinburgh making so many errors and not giving themselves the chance to win the tie.
Dont Panic!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

That's fighting talk, TB - and fair play to you!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I think all scotch teams are spoofers
I have Bumbleflex
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

:clap:
Dave Cahill wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:21 pm I think all scotch teams are spoofers
:clap: well said
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Speaking of spoofers…. Conceding 50 in a knockout Heineken cup game is something usually reserved for the scot teams
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Cheers guys(gals?) passionate about my home town team...................................just like you are
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

tigerburnie wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:54 pm Cheers guys(gals?) passionate about my home town team...................................just like you are
At the end of the day mate, your already sitting in the last eight. At this moment in time, I'd rather be in your shoes :D