Taking media & other coverage of Leinster to the next level

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Barry
Enlightened

Re: Taking media & other coverage of Leinster to the next level

Post by Barry »

Memories of April 2021 - Leinster went to Sandy Park for the EPRC QF and gave Exeter (the reigning champions) a hiding.
Ulster also won away to Northampton in the challenge cup QF.
Munster had no game that weekend.
The following Monday night, almost the entire OTB programme was about some middle aged prop that munster had just signed from Racing - Leinster & Ulster games got a few minutes at the end of the programme.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It’s a pathetic show, I’m unsure if they’re just pandering to a perceived audience or just don’t know anything about the other provinces.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:33 pm It’s a pathetic show, I’m unsure if they’re just pandering to a perceived audience or just don’t know anything about the other provinces.
OTB this morning, 20 mins in total. 10-11 mins on demlot. 5 mins on Ulster although they did lose. Eddie Jones gets a mention then 3mins on Osbourne. I don't think the word "Gloucester" was even uttered!

Osbourne to Munster will be the next heave.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I know it is an utterly meaningless exercise but the RTE Sports website has selected its Champions Cup XV of the weekend. One Leinster player, Osborne, makes the cut along with Henderson and, surprise surprise, Coombs.
Coombs and Crowley are the anointed ones in the eyes of the media. Both are decent players but neither would make the Leinster 23 for a must win game.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

enby wrote: January 16th, 2023, 4:55 pm I know it is an utterly meaningless exercise but the RTE Sports website has selected its Champions Cup XV of the weekend. One Leinster player, Osborne, makes the cut along with Henderson and, surprise surprise, Coombs.
Coombs and Crowley are the anointed ones in the eyes of the media. Both are decent players but neither would make the Leinster 23 for a must win game.
Coombes scored 2 of Munster's 3 tries and had a big part in setting up the other. He was also top carrier (15) and top tackler (20) in a game where they played an hour with 14 men. I'd say he's in plenty of Champions Cup XVs of the weekend.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

7 different Leinster players scored trys, there are other ways of measing success.

Coombes has improved and it's nice to see that he's addressed shortcomings that were pointed out on this forum (but came from Faz).
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jaysus, needy much?
I have Bumbleflex
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

And on it goes...Monday night Rugby, 30 mins waffling on about them! Then a short discussion about our scrum , no plaudits, Osborne is 'not big enough" for Ireland. Seriously contemplating not listening any more to the sh**e
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

yellabelly1961 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 8:44 pm And on it goes...Monday night Rugby, 30 mins waffling on about them! Then a short discussion about our scrum , no plaudits, Osborne is 'not big enough" for Ireland. Seriously contemplating not listening any more to the sh**e
Made that decision months ago. Pathetically one-eyed.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote: January 16th, 2023, 9:16 pm
yellabelly1961 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 8:44 pm And on it goes...Monday night Rugby, 30 mins waffling on about them! Then a short discussion about our scrum , no plaudits, Osborne is 'not big enough" for Ireland. Seriously contemplating not listening any more to the sh**e
Yeah I never listen to them, haven't for a long time, it's total rubbish.
Dont Panic!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

yellabelly1961 wrote:And on it goes...Monday night Rugby, 30 mins waffling on about them! Then a short discussion about our scrum , no plaudits, Osborne is 'not big enough" for Ireland. Seriously contemplating not listening any more to the sh**e
Well... You're giving them all they want. An audience.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
+1

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

The Doc wrote: January 16th, 2023, 9:56 pm
yellabelly1961 wrote:And on it goes...Monday night Rugby, 30 mins waffling on about them! Then a short discussion about our scrum , no plaudits, Osborne is 'not big enough" for Ireland. Seriously contemplating not listening any more to the sh**e
Well... You're giving them all they want. An audience.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
Not any more
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

OTB literally had an episode with a fan yesterday (and Quinny and Hayes). I didn’t listen but how pathetic?

Their coverage has been 100% Munster this week.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

curates_egg wrote: January 18th, 2023, 6:16 am OTB literally had an episode with a fan yesterday (and Quinny and Hayes). I didn’t listen but how pathetic?

Do they get many listeners and how is it trending? Asking for a friend...
Dont Panic!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 16th, 2023, 6:52 pm Jaysus, needy much?
I'm with you on this.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dexter wrote: January 18th, 2023, 12:26 pm
curates_egg wrote: January 18th, 2023, 6:16 am OTB literally had an episode with a fan yesterday (and Quinny and Hayes). I didn’t listen but how pathetic?

Do they get many listeners and how is it trending? Asking for a friend...
I actually used to like listening to it when I couldn't sleep.
I don't mean that as an insult, but BOD and Dunne and ROG and even Wood are easy listening. I don't even mind listening to Ruadhri O'Connor.

But, lately, it is just Quinny and Fiona Hayes, who are both so lacking in insight, there's no point. Fiona Hayes also kept waking me up after I had finally dozed off because she's quite loud :lol:

I've given up lately though but still have it on my list on Spotify...that's how I saw this latest episode with an actual Munster fan, as opposed to Quinny and Hayes, who are also Munster fans but at least have something else on their CVs.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Luke Fitz podcast was fairly leinster heavy, not sure many on here would like what was said though.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm Luke Fitz podcast was fairly leinster heavy, not sure many on here would like what was said though.
It was dreadful alright, they think we have to be weary of the best teams like Toulouse, Stormers, Saracens and La Rochelle. Shocking really, as someone who doesn’t rate any other team we have ever played and think when we lose it’s because of our weaknesses and not other teams strengths I’d say you were livid.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

OTT wrote: January 18th, 2023, 2:57 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: January 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm Luke Fitz podcast was fairly leinster heavy, not sure many on here would like what was said though.
It was dreadful alright, they think we have to be weary of the best teams like Toulouse, Stormers, Saracens and La Rochelle. Shocking really, as someone who doesn’t rate any other team we have ever played and think we lose because of our weaknesses and not other teams strengths I’d say you were livid.
You really seem to have an issue with me which is unfortunate.

Ive never claimed we shouldnt be weary of the best teams, of course we should.. we've lost to them in each of the last 4 seasons.

I was more talking about them saying leinster have underachieved over the past 4 seasons.