Men's Six Nations 2022

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Men's Six Nations 2022

Post by CiaranIrl »

I think Hume has a chance of dislodging Ringrose, and I definitely see Baloucoune starting ahead of Earls, who is a perfect 23 player at this stage.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yep I'd love to see Hume get a shot at 13, has a real edge about him. Would put a bit of pressure on Ringer too.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by wixfjord

Yep I'd love to see Hume get a shot at 13, has a real edge about him. Would put a bit of pressure on Ringer too.
Maybe against Italy but Ringrose hasn't done a lot wrong to be thrown aside.

I thought Rob Kearney made a good point about adding Lowe into the team to use his left boot. I'd have him at 11 and Balacounne at 14.
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

sunshiner1 wrote: January 30th, 2022, 11:07 am
by wixfjord

I thought Rob Kearney made a good point about adding Lowe into the team to use his left boot. I'd have him at 11 and Balacounne at 14.
For the Wales game I would imagine they'll go with the Lions pairing of Aki at 12 and Henshaw at 13.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

That would have been the preferred pairing at the end of last season. Henshaw was then out and Aki and Ringrose took over.

I think they'll look at training and make the call. Nobody is clear first at the moment (I think).
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

yada yada yada
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

betty swallocks wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:03 pm
by wixfjord

For the Wales game I would imagine they'll go with the Lions pairing of Aki at 12 and Henshaw at 13.
That Lions team scored zero tries. I'd go Robbie and Ringrose particularly given that Aki hasn't been playing. It's a tight call though.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Very little debate / discussion re Ireland Squad for weekend, but lots more contention in Wales. The suggestion is they'll go largely with status quo, because of injury profile and we could see something like this:

https://ranked-list-images.files.bbci.c ... 49973.html.

Lots of caps among those guys and with the exception possibly of Mid-field, Front-row & Back-row, they compare well with Ireland.

HEAD TO HEAD

15. Keenan v Williams: Close contest - probably EVEN
14. Balacoune v Adams (11) Advantage Adams
11. Conway v Rhys-Zimmat Advantage Rhys-Zimmat
12. Henshaw v Halaholu: Clear Advantage IRELAND
13. Ringrose v Tompkins; Clear Advantage IRELAND
10. Sexton v Biggar: Even
9. JGP v Evans: Possibly Advantage WALES
1. Porter v Lewis: Advantage IRELAND
2. Kelleher v Elias: Advantage IRELAND
3. Furlong v Jones: Advantage IRELAND
4. Ryan v Beard: Marginal but Advantage WALES
5. Beirne v Rowlands: Close but Advantage WALES
6. Doris v Wainwright: Advantage IRELAND
7. JVdF v Jenkins: Advantage IRELAND
8. Conan v Moriarty: Advantage IRELAND

Overall, we expect Ireland to play at high tempo and back-row and mid-field superiority will assist this tactic. However, Wales have superior wingers and a strong second-row which could give them enough possession to use wingers to score tries.

Wales have performed above the sum of their parts for the past decade and more. No contest against them is ever predictable.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

JDVF v Jenkins will be a hell of a battle.
Really mouth-watering to see two players in the form of their lives.
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: February 1st, 2022, 6:24 pm Very little debate / discussion re Ireland Squad for weekend, but lots more contention in Wales. The suggestion is they'll go largely with status quo, because of injury profile and we could see something like this:

Lots of caps among those guys and with the exception possibly of Mid-field, Front-row & Back-row, they compare well with Ireland.

HEAD TO HEAD

Overall, we expect Ireland to play at high tempo and back-row and mid-field superiority will assist this tactic. However, Wales have superior wingers and a strong second-row which could give them enough possession to use wingers to score tries.

Wales have performed above the sum of their parts for the past decade and more. No contest against them is ever predictable.
I don't know much about Rowlands, but based on what would you say he is better than Beirne? Can't find anything about him online that would suggest he is that good.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Jcahill1 wrote: February 1st, 2022, 8:51 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: February 1st, 2022, 6:24 pm Very little debate / discussion re Ireland Squad for weekend, but lots more contention in Wales. The suggestion is they'll go largely with status quo, because of injury profile and we could see something like this:

HEAD TO HEAD

I don't know much about Rowlands, but based on what would you say he is better than Beirne? Can't find anything about him online that would suggest he is that good.
I have to say Rowlands must be absolutely amazing if he's better than Beirne
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

France wing Teddy Thomas will miss the opening two rounds of the Six Nations following a leg injury according to a report in AFP
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Beirne is head and shoulders above rowlands imo, t Williams will be 9 for wales good player but weak in defence, basham seems the likely 7 with either Jenkins or moriarty at 6

Personally I hope we pick Jenkins Basham and moriarty but I doubt we will

You'd have to pick henshaw and then decide on who partners him surely?

Sexton henshaw and ringrose are the leinster midfield so I'd guess you'd pick those 3 , aki is a big powerful guy and haloholo and Tomkins can be vunerable in defence so that maybe a deciding factor
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

HEAD TO HEAD

Thats a good Welsh team. Aside from the injured tight 5 players I'm not sure any of the other injuries would be much of an improvement tbh.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Latest news: Kate Middleton has been given Prince Harry's rugby patronages incl. of the RFU by HRH QE2. As a result we could be in for a massive face off between herself and Princess Anne before the Calcutta Cup kick off. Can't wait! (Irony alert...)
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

paddyor wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

HEAD TO HEAD

Thats a good Welsh team. Aside from the injured tight 5 players I'm not sure any of the other injuries would be much of an improvement tbh.

North is a better 13 than anyone else wales can pick, the whole back row could arguably be replaced by navidi tupric and felatau
Ragsy
Beginner

Post by Ragsy »

betty swallocks wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:03 pm
by wixfjord

Henshaw and Ringrose when both fit have been Farrel’s first choice, Henshaw is a better 12 that Aki and Ringrose is a better 13 than Henshaw.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

JB1973 wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:02 pm
paddyor wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 12:43 pm

HEAD TO HEAD

North is a better 13 than anyone else wales can pick, the whole back row could arguably be replaced by navidi tupric and felatau
Still 3 good players replacing them. Jenkins was motm last time I saw him play for Wales I think. And wainwright and moriarty are slam winners . Our equivalent might be something like POM Coombes odonoghue. I don’t know who’s be on the bench in de you mind.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Both GT and MK saying Hansen going to be involved, maybe even starting. Camp must have gone very well for him.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

He 'put his hand up for selection'?