Post by blockhead »

Paddy Power says:
France 6/4
England 5/2
Ireland 3/1
Wales 8/1
Scotland 12/1
Italy 500/1

Marler out with Covid, some lad from Wales, whose name I can't pronounce, also out with Covid.
Gawd, I hope this tournament is not affected by all this bullox again.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Men's Six Nations 2022

Post by dropkick »

If ireland can keep playing to the standard of the autumn it could be a great tournament. The run of games of the past 2 weeks have been good timing.

It's not looking good for Wales but then again you can never write them off. I just think the class of 2011 are gone now without being properly replaced. AW Jones, Tipuric and Owens are big losses. They're streetwise though and capable of dragging the game down into a breakdown brawl but looking at the squad ireland have I would be disappointed if it wasn't a win by over 7 points. That's if there are no reds. Ladt season the Welsh must have spent half their training time writing sigils, casting spells and sacrificing sheep. There's luck and there's 4 red cards in a season.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

England:
9:41am, 26 January 2022

England preparations for the upcoming Guinness Six Nations took another unexpected twist on Tuesday night when Eddie Jones’ squad was evacuated from their hotel on the Brighton seafront after a fire broke out. Reports suggest that an electrical fire started in a manhole near to the Harbour Hotel on the King’s Road and this necessitated the England squad switching hotels. Online footage from passers-by showed flames shooting from the pavement.

Also, Farrell out on entire Six Nations with an ankle injury
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

It was interesting reading that there are still a few members of the Irish squad / back room team that are not vaccinated.
This could impact on their ability to travel to France.
Depending on which players and how many, this could have an impact on how we do.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

With Lowe out for a spell I think Earlsie is a shoe in to cover the 11 jersey.
On the other side it will be interesting to see if he gives Baloucoune the nod, which I think is Farrell's want, or will he stick with the the more experienced Conway.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

blockhead wrote: January 26th, 2022, 12:11 pm With Lowe out for a spell I think Earlsie is a shoe in to cover the 11 jersey.
On the other side it will be interesting to see if he gives Baloucoune the nod, which I think is Farrell's want, or will he stick with the the more experienced Conway.

I personally think that Conway should be starting, admittedly I could be a bit biased with this opinion.
After a spell where it appeared that his form had fallen off a cliff, he has bounced back an even better player than before.

Earls will likely be in the 23 if fit, either starting or as number 23.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Wales are in a real mess, missing a lot of starters with injuries owens,awj,tips, navidi toby f, and North

Others really struggling for form, john davies and liam Williams for example

Really don't see any way we can win in Dublin or Twickenham and I fully expect the French to have too much for us even in Cardiff

Ireland and France are the form horses but England have you both at home? And do you have to play in paris to?

Could be a very tight championship and it's hard to see anyone winning a grand slam if I was pushed I'd tip England to win the trophy
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

JB1973 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:05 pm Wales are in a real mess, missing a lot of starters with injuries owens,awj,tips, navidi toby f, and North

Really don't see any way we can win in Dublin or Twickenham and I fully expect the French to have too much for us even in Cardiff

Ireland and France are the form horses but England have you both at home? And do you have to play in paris to?

Could be a very tight championship and it's hard to see anyone winning a grand slam if I was pushed I'd tip England to win the trophy
France have won quite a few GSs and 6/5Ns in the season following a Lions tour.
Ireland usually do well too but France have a habit of winning in Paris against us.
Wales always seem to show up in the 6Ns no matter how they're rated and that was even before Gattie although Gattie did take it to another level.
You can never dismiss England but Eddie would be more focused on winning the RWC than a 6Ns (at this stage of the RWC cycle) would be my own feeling.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

JB1973 wrote:Wales are in a real mess, missing a lot of starters with injuries owens,awj,tips, navidi toby f, and North

France v England is in Paris

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Ahh fair enough, I don't see France losing there then

Scotland have some good fixtures as well, they must fancy their chances but they always seem a bit flaky to me,

Got some cracking attacking players though
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

On the radio the only injury concern at the minute is Hendo. Which is a huge lose IMO. Good news re: VdeF, Furlong and JR though
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RoboProp wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:46 pm On the radio the only injury concern at the minute is Hendo. Which is a huge lose IMO. Good news re: VdeF, Furlong and JR though
It's a big loss for sure but with Ryan and Beirne we have options.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

what is your likely starting xv?

I would guess wales would be liam w lrz Tomkins halaholo adams biggar t Williams w jones elias francis rowlands beard Jenkins/moriarty basham and wainwright. Just don't see enough quality especially up front to cope with you guys out in Dublin. The centre position is also a worry as is liam Williams form at 15 where to be frank he has been pretty poor so far this season.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Possibly:

15 Hugo Keenan
14. Andrew Conway
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Keith Earls
10. Johnny Sexton '
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Andrew Porter
2. Ronan Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Beirne
5. James Ryan
6. Caelan Doris
7. Josh Van Der Flier
8. Jack Conan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 28th, 2022, 2:27 pm Possibly:

15 Hugo Keenan
14. Andrew Conway
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Keith Earls
10. Johnny Sexton '
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Andrew Porter
2. Ronan Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Beirne
5. James Ryan
6. Caelan Doris
7. Josh Van Der Flier
8. Jack Conan
I would love to see Baloucoune get a run out, Gav Coombes definitely needs looking at too, in saying that it’s hard to argue with that starting 15
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It's also hard to say no to Baloucoune starting...

There are better arguments against Lowry and Coombes isn't compelling at the moment. Not that I don't want to see both playing over the 6N. Unfortunately injury tends to provide opportunity.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Flash Gordon wrote: January 28th, 2022, 2:27 pm Possibly:

15 Hugo Keenan
14. Andrew Conway
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Keith Earls
10. Johnny Sexton '
9. Jamison Gibson-Park
1. Andrew Porter
2. Ronan Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Beirne
5. James Ryan
6. Caelan Doris
7. Josh Van Der Flier
8. Jack Conan
Farrell likes Baloucoune, have sneeky feeling he might get in. Pity about Henderson because Beirne is an awesome replacement. The sight of him coming on at about 50mins must be deflating for the opposition, especially if they're chasing the game.
Coombes on the bench, he looks realy good.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Scary differences in terms of carrriers in each pack and in the quality of centre pairing, I prefer our wingers and that is about it!

Will that Sheehan make it onto the bench? him and Coombes both look very good prospects, what has happened to stockdale?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

JB1973 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 3:30 pm Scary differences in terms of carrriers in each pack and in the quality of centre pairing, I prefer our wingers and that is about it!

Will that Sheehan make it onto the bench? him and Coombes both look very good prospects, what has happened to stockdale?
Stockdale was injured, moved to full back, lost confidence, and in and out of fitness ever since. Had a miserable time of it.

Our wingers would not get on any other 6N team, and that was obvious last year. Conway never fulfilled his potential and Earls is getting on a bit, still a fantastic player with all the head and heart you could want. He doesn't have the physical gifts that other countries insist on for their wingers.

Sheehan will make it to the bench, Coombes will make it to the bench at least for a big game this 6N I think. Pencilled in to start against Italy I assume, but I think O'Mahony might still get the nod for the bench for the first game up.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

fourthirtythree wrote: January 28th, 2022, 2:59 pm It's also hard to say no to Baloucoune starting...

There are better arguments against Lowry and Coombes isn't compelling at the moment. Not that I don't want to see both playing over the 6N. Unfortunately injury tends to provide opportunity.
I'm sure he'll get a run. He's a super player and it's a long campaign.