Autumn Internationals 2022 Not Ireland

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Autumn Internationals 2022 Not Ireland

Post by cormac »

Kolbe has kicked 3/3 today and Faf de Klerk has just kicked a conversion from the touchline. Funny old game.

19-20 52 mins
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

cormac wrote:Looking forward to the hot takes from South African rugby twitter as to why that shouldn't have been a red card
After last week’s carping I went to take a look on the @Springboks feed to see the reaction. They’re absolutely shocking. “Game’s gone soft” “Joke of a sport” “Barnes you cheat” “Rugby is dead. I’m out. Done with this soft sh!t.”

Too many examples to list but you get the idea
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

What did DuPont do?
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

There's gonna be a lot of Red Cards in the 6N!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

enby wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:41 pm What did DuPont do?
stonewall red. Took out Kolbe in the air.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Barnes needs to stop this pidgin French thing. Its BS. He's also a homer when it comes to France and or games on French soil with French teams (aka last years final). His French actually is not good at all.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

The Boks are definitely evolving their gameplan. They are not RWC champions for nothing; serious game ahead for us at RWC. Nothing boring about them tonight. Some test match.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

desperado wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:43 pm
enby wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:41 pm What did DuPont do?
stonewall red. Took out Kolbe in the air.
Thanks.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

French cut the comms to the TMO after the potential double movement. It returns just as the conversion is kicked.. hmmmm
Dont Panic!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Cracking entertainment. Dubious late try for France.

Rassie will be pulling an all-nighter on the video after that game.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

cormac wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:59 pm

Rassie will be pulling an all-nighter on the video after that game.
:green clap: too true
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dexter wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:55 pm French cut the comms to the TMO after the potential double movement. It returns just as the conversion is kicked.. hmmmm
TMO has own feed. It was checked. It’s not a dbl movement if the knees don’t touch the ground apparently.

https://twitter.com/ek_rugby/status/159 ... cL6P1SlcoA
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Another late night sneering tweet from Rassie. I definitely can’t see this tactic of feuding with every single referee backfiring.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

It looked worse than Kelliher's in the lead up to Tadhgh's disallowed try v NZ last November
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote: November 13th, 2022, 12:58 am Another late night sneering tweet from Rassie. I definitely can’t see this tactic of feuding with every single referee backfiring.
If Rassie was a politician he'd be Donald Trump.
He's becoming more and more unlikeable.
2 stonewall reds for sure but both accidental imho. du Toit looks likes his own player pushed him into Danty and Dupont took Kolbe out in the air with his face.
du Toit looks utterly ashamed of himself on the bench after getting the red.

Italy! Holy sh!t!
It's been commented on here over the last 4-5 years how promising (relatively) their U20 teams have been performing in the 6Ns. Add to that a top coach in Crowley and at last they look like a team that belongs in the top tier.

Ireland, didn't see it but dosen't sound great.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

blockhead wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:28 am If Rassie was a politician he'd be Donald Trump.
We were talking about this the other night after the podcast. You're spot on. His constant picking over referees' faults, back-handed compliments of other teams and the tone he takes in these online interaction is undignified and c*ntish.

And just like Trump, you can see across online rugby platforms that it has encouraged SA fans to adopt the same sort of obnoxious behaviour. So much self-pity and whinging and accusations of bias, very little self-reflection or accommodation of the fact that two teams are out their doing their best to win the game.

It's easy to whinge when you lose. It doesn't take any strength of character or discipline or decency. It's just self-indulgent and pathetic.

The SA players actually take things on the chin – they play hard, deal out a lot of punishment and at the end of it are generally gracious and friendly, win or lose. How long is that good attitude to sport going to last when the example they are set is so rotten?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blaming the refs is doing nothing good for South Africa. He did the same kind of shitty video after our game, a game where Kolbe should have been sent off, and lo and behold within 12 minutes of their next game they have a guy sent off for some stupid foul play.

When you’re putting out these videos and having such a weird attitude your players are going to follow that example. So not only did we have foul play yesterday but Barnes was also driven mad by the SA players giving out to him. I’m not saying Barnes did anything deliberately but surely it’s just human nature to then be less sympathetic to the team that’s been having a go at you throughout the game.

I would actually like coaches to be more honest after games and that includes criticising refereeing decisions, but Rassie’s actions and attitudes totally cross the line and are unacceptable. Quite frankly he’s a blight on the blame and if he’s not cut down to size then the culture could change completely.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

What a great Test Match. FWIW, my reflections:
  • Both Red Cards totally justified
    Barnes did an excellent job and communicated well
    The place kicking was phenomenal, particularly by SA
    Both teams have great scrums, but SA reserves better
    SA line-out needs PSdT, France need Woki
    Irish back-row better than either
    French back-line more coherent, but what a strange substitution for Danty
Certainly, our Pool with SA & Scotland is tough, but the contest between France & NZ will be awesome. The timing of the fixtures in both Pools could be the key to Q/F outcomes.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

blockhead wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:28 am
Twist wrote: November 13th, 2022, 12:58 am Another late night sneering tweet from Rassie. I definitely can’t see this tactic of feuding with every single referee backfiring.
If Rassie was a politician he'd be Donald Trump.
2 stonewall reds for sure but both accidental imho. du Toit looks likes his own player pushed him into Danty and Dupont took Kolbe out in the air with his face.
du Toit looks utterly ashamed of himself on the bench after getting the red.

Italy! Holy sh!t!
It's been commented on here over the last 4-5 years how promising (relatively) their U20 teams have been performing in the 6Ns. Add to that a top coach in Crowley and at last they look like a team that belongs in the top tier.

Ireland, didn't see it but dosen't sound great.
I thought the same about the Du Toit incident. His own player did push him towards Danty. It was still a red though IMO; he was pretty much not in control launching himself head first into the ruck. He was absolutely gutted, tears on the bench; didn't want to be seen. First card of any colour for him at international level according to the commentator.