Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Ruckedtobits »

munster#1 wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:51 pm ROG’s record speaks for itself.
But that doe not mean that refs should be above criticism, and a quick Google search would show that ROG is not the only coach to express publicly their disapproval of a ref.
RO'G's record is now four infringements of the LNR regulations and more time served in suspensions than any other current Top 14 Coach. He has become the "Rassie" of French Rugby and behaves as if he is above the law.

Like Rassie, such behaviour is either arrogance or stupidity. There are very clear pathways for Coaches to contribute their views on Referees but they require careful analysis and diligence in preparation of the written assessment & commentary of the referee's performance. It was explained to me by a French international referee, that this is specifically to discourage Coaches from commenting immediately after a game when he is still agitated and emotional.

Joe was a master of it, but he devoted a lot of time to it and it was probably why he ended up getting the World Rugby role before he moved back to NZ.

RO'G needs to zip it and concentrate on his job as Head Coach and stop undermining the Officials who are doing a very difficult job to a high standard.

As for his comments about the English job? Who knows? Or maybe he doesn't know where his 'Off' switch is and when he should use it - that is stupidity.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:28 am
As for his comments about the English job? Who knows? Or maybe he doesn't know where his 'Off' switch is and when he should use it - that is stupidity.
It's always some of both. ROG is a mind games fella, it's deliberate. Outside of his coaching media duties ROG is an active and long standing written and live pundit.

It's only a year since he wrote that he would be a Judas if he left La Rochelle for Munster. I'm surprised how willingly blind Munster fans are to such a gratuitous snub.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Looks like they’re backing Salanoa to be first choice, big opportunity for him tomorrow.

Coombes not starting is a surprise to me. I rate Kendellan really highly but I don’t really like him at 8 at pro level, things not looking great for Coombes right now but I’d say he just needs a big performance to get back into his groove.

I suspect Munster will deliver a big performance tomorrow, they certainly need one.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

ronk wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:29 am
Ruckedtobits wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:28 am
It's always some of both. ROG is a mind games fella, it's deliberate. Outside of his coaching media duties ROG is an active and long standing written and live pundit.

It's only a year since he wrote that he would be a Judas if he left La Rochelle for Munster. I'm surprised how willingly blind Munster fans are to such a gratuitous snub.
The Kidney reference is as subtle as a donkeys kick :lol:
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Interesting selection from Munster.
They have went with the more junior options in the front row, supported by a more senior lock pairing.

The backrow has all the makings of being a pain in the hole at the breakdown, with all 3 options being proficient over the ball.

I personally would have liked to see Crowley start, but I suppose you have to give Joey a chance to fight for his jersey.

Shame to see Fekitoa out, but the again the 2 lads went well the last day and are probably being rewarded for that.
Great to see Nash and Daly starting. They are both very promising players who will cause a headache for their opposite numbers should they get on the ball.

The winning of the game could be that bench. It is stacked with talent, and if the game is close with 20 to go I think they could be the game changer.

On the other side, Connacht have went full bore for this one.
This game has serious potential to be a cracker of a match.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Edwin Edogbo, Jack O’Donoghue, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Gavin Coombes.

Connacht: John Porch; Byron Ralston, Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki, Alex Wooton; Jack Carty (captain), Caolin Clade; Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham; Josh Murphy, Gavin Thornbury; Cian Prendergast, Conor Oliver, Jarrad Butler.

Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Peter Dooley, Jack Aungier, Niall Murray, Oisín Dowling, Kieran Marmion, Connor Fitzgerald, Paul Boyle.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

2 6-2 splits. And Munster are flogging Carbery, Casey, Beirne and O'Mahony.
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

ronk wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:33 pm 2 6-2 splits. And Munster are flogging Carbery, Casey, Beirne and O'Mahony.
On this occasion, they probably need to use their internationals It's a must win game for Munster, lose and qualification for the Heineken basically disappears over the horizon.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

ronk wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:33 pm 2 6-2 splits. And Munster are flogging Carbery, Casey, Beirne and O'Mahony.
Yes Joey getting absolutely flogged with 48 minutes of rugby in the last month.

Casey must be properly exhausted, he has 115 mins in the last month.

Munster are subject to exact same restrictions are every other province. They've obviously chosen to use some of their international player minute allocation in this game to try keep momentum going.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Should be a very interesting game this. Two incredibly well matched sides from 1-23.

That Connacht pack should fancy a crack at their counterparts, particularly the front row. Buckley could create lots of problems for Salanoa at scrum time.

Backlines are very even too and I'd give Connacht a little edge here, particularly in the centre.

Munster being at home and with a little bit more power in their 23 I'd give them an edge. PP have it at Munster -8 which I think is a lot.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:52 pm
Yes Joey getting absolutely flogged with 48 minutes of rugby in the last month.

Casey must be properly exhausted, he has 115 mins in the last month.

Munster are subject to exact same restrictions are every other province. They've obviously chosen to use some of their international player minute allocation in this game to try keep momentum going.
Not to mention POM has 120 mins over the last month and a half, at this rate he is in danger of being undercooked.
But don’t let facts get in the way of a good dig.

However, I’d be surprised if Beirne doesn’t sit out next weeks game.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

berliner wrote: November 25th, 2022, 3:03 pm
On this occasion, they probably need to use their internationals It's a must win game for Munster, lose and qualification for the Heineken basically disappears over the horizon.
And then next week they travel to Edinburgh for another must-win game. After that Toulouse.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Not Mike Haley’s finest moment there
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ref doing his best here for the red army.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Score probably accurate. Munster should be ahead by a shade and their defence looks like making it very difficult for Connacht, who besides Haley's brain fart have been laboured enough.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

They could regret not taking their points at the end there.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Schumi wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:25 pm They could regret not taking their points at the end there.
Thought that as well, strange call.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

WTF are Munster at? Should be 9 ahead now if they kicked those penalties.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Schumi wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:25 pm They could regret not taking their points at the end there.
And again.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Connacht attack is awful.