Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: September 25th, 2022, 4:55 pm Munster had an early season mare in Rodney Parade just like us last season. Difference is we pulled out the win.

Fekitoa will not want to see that try again.
Nor will PO'M; there was a pair of them in it.

Fair play to the Dragons. For a while in the second half it looked like they were doing everything not to win. The line out steal by Moriarty was a big momentum changer.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

To indulge in a bit of schadenfreude, I was thoroughly enjoying DOB's clear distress at that loss in the post match reaction from studio.

A face like a well slapped arse.

Didn't even have the energy to throw in a 'Go easy' at the end.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Did Munster just get bate by Newport Gwent Dragons?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

They’ll struggle this year. Terrible stuff today. Very poor front row. No balance to the back row, they played three 6.5s. Earls and Zebo look well past their prime: overall, the skill levels are poor as has been the case for quite some time, so even if they develop a more expansive game plan they don’t have the basics to execute it.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

wixfjord wrote:To indulge in a bit of schadenfreude, I was thoroughly enjoying DOB's clear distress at that loss in the post match reaction from studio.

A face like a well slapped arse.

Didn't even have the energy to throw in a 'Go easy' at the end.
Nope he said... I know cause it really irritates me for some reason and he said it. Sounds like a mammy at Christmas dinner as you open another bottle of wine Image

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I always deploy the remote before he says it. Fair dues to DOC for calling out the players
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Jesus they were shocking. They could barely execute a 5 metre pass
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

enby wrote:I always deploy the remote before he says it. Fair dues to DOC for calling out the players
I missed that, did he go in studs up?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Didn't see a second of it, glad.
4 defeats in a row for Munster in the URC and they have won just once away from home since January.
3 successive defeats in Wales.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

blockhead wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:33 pm Didn't see a second of it, glad.
4 defeats in a row for Munster in the URC and they have won just once away from home since January.
There were a good few offloads.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

OTT wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:45 pm
blockhead wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:33 pm Didn't see a second of it, glad.
There were a good few shovels.
Fixed
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Early days yet - we were in a similar position this time in 2010 after losing to Treviso (if memory serves we lost three out of the first four that season) and it turned out okay
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:49 pm Early days yet - we were in a similar position this time in 2010 after losing to Treviso (if memory serves we lost three out of the first four that season) and it turned out okay
It helped that we’d won the Heineken cup the year before though, there was a handy enough squad to work with.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:51 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:49 pm Early days yet - we were in a similar position this time in 2010 after losing to Treviso (if memory serves we lost three out of the first four that season) and it turned out okay
It helped that we’d won the Heineken cup the year before though, there was a handy enough squad to work with.
Yeah we were in a much better position in terms of what the previous coach left behind, but still, if (and lets just presume that Rowntree does) you intend to change the way a team plays root and branch, there is going to be some pain. If they're still losing the wrong games come Christmas, then it's time to be really worried.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Yeah we were in a much better position in terms of what the previous coach left behind, but still, if (and lets just presume that Rowntree does) you intend to change the way a team plays root and branch, there is going to be some pain. If they're still losing the wrong games come Christmas, then it's time to be really worried.
You mean 2011? Joe's first season. Hook said he'd lost the dressingroom.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:57 pm

You mean 2011? Joe's first season. Hook said he'd lost the dressingroom.
Season 10-11, we lost to Treviso in Sept. 2010
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I don’t disagree but I’m not sure how much of today was to do with bedding in a new plan. Lots of basic individual errors that just shouldn’t have happened. I saw more of that new game plan issue last week. Combine the two and it’s a right mess.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:06 pm
I don’t disagree but I’m not sure how much of today was to do with bedding in a new plan. Lots of basic individual errors that just shouldn’t have happened. I saw more of that new game plan issue last week. Combine the two and it’s a right mess.
All true - I guess its one of those things we will only know after the event
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The only positive I can take from that game is that it generated so much interest from fans of other teams.
Is been a long time since I seen this many posts after a Munster game that didn’t involve Leinster.

Munster were not great at all. I am really struggling to find positives to take from today.
Far too many basic handling errors, which means that Munster really struggled to get a real foothold in the game.

I fully expected Munster to come out and push on to win the game me even believed they could clinch a BP in doing so.

This team need to get their sh!t together and fast, otherwise they will struggle to make the knockout stages of the URC.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

enby wrote: September 25th, 2022, 5:28 pm I always deploy the remote before he says it. Fair dues to DOC for calling out the players
I thought DOC was trying not to blame anyone. Can't blame internationals cos they just back training, young guys just getting up to pace, wasn't coaching issues. It was the inbetween players fault but he would barely even accept Archer as an inbetween player.