Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: November 17th, 2022, 3:51 pm Buy the way, all teams buy players. It's okay to say that they buy players. We buy players, Munster buy players, Ulster buy players. There's no need for buy-le.

It is true that Munster buy more players than Leinster buy, and it's not entirely buy the buy. You are one of the first to suggest that Munster buy a player when you think that they need to buy a new players or have an injury in a position where they can buy someone. So you certainly buy into that theory, when it works buy you. If its how everyone talks, it's okay buy me, okay buy others, buy forum menbers, buy fans, buy fans of other sports, maybe it should be okay buy you. Try buying into that.

I hope this doesn't come across buy being cheeky, its just a buy product of a wider point.

Buy well
Buy, buy
Fixed
Not sure you're going to get much buy in to all your suggested purchases
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Perhaps a bit of perspective on last week's result.

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/intern ... ess-streak
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

They dont do perspective down there. :lol:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Rumours of Munster playing Bristol in Ellis Park in March to decide who are word champions.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:44 am Rumours of Munster playing Bristol in Ellis Park in March to decide who are word champions.
Would easily sell out. Talk of Munster potentially playing home Heineken Cup ko games there too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

cormac wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:14 am Perhaps a bit of perspective on last week's result.

Do you really think perspective is required?
I live in Clare and work in Limerick, and I haven’t met a single person who looked at the game to be anything other than a great spectacle, where Munster finally looked to click as a team.

I haven’t met a single person who believes that Munster are suddenly world beaters.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Maybe it was just the fans from Cork? Surprised you haven’t spoken to all of them at this stage too!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:00 am Maybe it was just the fans from Cork? Surprised you haven’t spoken to all of them at this stage too!
Why the need for a snarky comment?

I am just posting my experience. Posters on here seem to be of the opinion that Munster and their fans are getting ahead of themselves after that game, that they suddenly believe that they are “back at the top table”, but as someone who is a Munster fan, who lives, works and is involved in rugby in the province, I haven’t met a single person who seems to be getting ahead of themselves.

The poster believes that perspective was required, I am just curious as to why they believe this.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

You already know the answer. Its the amount of smoke the meeja blow up your holes after a half decent performance.
I enjoyed this match for what it was. Entertainment. Nothing more.

But we both know that all ye have to do is string 3 phases together and some in the meeja are declaring ye the baa baas. Used to annoy me years ago but ye have been no threat to us whatsoever for so long now that I don’t care how much ye are talked up.

Note. The use of ye is deliberate.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Avenger wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:08 pm You already know the answer. Its the amount of smoke the meeja blow up your holes after a half decent performance.

But we both know that all ye have to do is string 3 phases together and some in the meeja are declaring ye the baa baas. Used to annoy me years ago but ye have been no threat to us whatsoever for so long now that I don’t care how much ye are talked up.

As a proud Leinster fan who lives in south Dublin and talks to people from the northside and Wicklow this is very much the view that most seem to share.

I would also say that as a proud Leinster fan it is fantastic to see the interest in our forum from fans from other provinces.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Avenger wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:08 pm You already know the answer. Its the amount of smoke the meeja blow up your holes after a half decent performance.

The media plays to their target audience, and it would appear that positive Munster related articles sell, but that is not representative of what Munster or their fans believe for the most part.

I doubt you will find too many Munster fans who aren’t concerned about Munster right now, or who believe that a single game where Munster A played SA select suddenly means that Munster are going to go on and win silverware.
Last edited by munster#1 on November 19th, 2022, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:37 pm

As a proud Leinster fan who lives in south Dublin and talks to people from the northside and Wicklow this is very much the view that most seem to share.

I would also say that as a proud Leinster fan it is fantastic to see the interest in our forum from fans from other provinces.
Did I do something to upset you?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:37 pm

I think it’s great that the Brook gets so much attention from far and wide
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

munster#1 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:56 pm I doubt you will find too many Munster fans who aren’t concerned about Munster right now
I wouldn’t be overly concerned. Its a nettle that had to be grasped.
Its short term pain for long term gain.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
pangurban1
Bookworm

Post by pangurban1 »

munster#1 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:14 pm
cormac wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:14 am Perhaps a bit of perspective on last week's result.

I live in Clare and work in Limerick, and I haven’t met a single person who looked at the game to be anything other than a great spectacle, where Munster finally looked to click as a team.

I haven’t met a single person who believes that Munster are suddenly world beaters.
A lot of Munster fans forget their despair when they were losing match after match, international season starts and they want to fill the team with Munster players the hatred for Conan is amazing, granted a lot of this is from Lunster's
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: November 11th, 2022, 9:15 am What a great night to be a Munster Rugby fan.
From start to finish, that was an amazing experience.

The ground was absolutely hopping, and Munster’s adoption of Limerick Legends song, Zombie is unreal at getting a crowd going, and the players increased the atmosphere massively by how they went about their business.

On paper Munster should have been well beaten.
This is a Munster team devoid of all of their current internationals, who were was down the pecking order in many positions, with only 3 or 4 first choice players in the starting lineup, not one of them believed to be at the level to make the Irish squad. But it was these same players who fronted up, and came away with inflated reputations.

4fucks was really good, and has made some unreal progress over the last couple of seasons.
The pace he put on the ball meant that Munster were able to spread the ball quick, and exploit the space outside.

Healy put in a masterclass performance, not only from the tee, but in terms of managing the game.
His decisions were top drawer, and kept the pressure on SA all day.

Frisch looks like just the player that Ireland have been crying out for. He was brilliant in attack and defence. If he and Fekitoa can click, Munster’s season could really be turned around.

Edogbo, as mentioned a fair few times already, is an unreal prospect. As a 19 year old, academy lock, imo he was the best lock on the field.

There were many more really good performances, and bodes really well for the future of Munster rugby.
Many of these players would have gained massive confidence in that performance, and hopefully that will spur some of them on to nail themselves on in the big match squads.
munster#1 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:01 am
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:00 am Maybe it was just the fans from Cork? Surprised you haven’t spoken to all of them at this stage too!
Why the need for a snarky comment?

I am just posting my experience. Posters on here seem to be of the opinion that Munster and their fans are getting ahead of themselves after that game, that they suddenly believe that they are “back at the top table”, but as someone who is a Munster fan, who lives, works and is involved in rugby in the province, I haven’t met a single person who seems to be getting ahead of themselves.

The poster believes that perspective was required, I am just curious as to why they believe this.
Just saying
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

pangurban1 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:15 pm
munster#1 wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:14 pm

A lot of Munster fans forget their despair when they were losing match after match, international season starts and they want to fill the team with Munster players the hatred for Conan is amazing, granted a lot of this is from Lunster's
I’d say that is the same for club fans the world over.
I’d be surprised if Ulster and Connacht fans aren’t of the opinion that more of their players should be playing for Ireland.

POM has 90 caps and has captained his province, country and the Lions, yet you’ll still see heaps of posts throughout his career from Irish fans from outside of Munster stating that he is a limited player and should be dropped because player x from my province is far better.

I can’t see why anyone would hate Conan. He is probably right where he should be at the moment.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Avenger wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:32 pm
munster#1 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:56 pm I doubt you will find too many Munster fans who aren’t concerned about Munster right now
I hope that you are right.
I do think Munster will benefit from the introduction of some really talented young players, my concern is that we may have a couple of seasons of pain before things turn good.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:58 pm
I do think Munster will benefit from the introduction of some really talented young players, my concern is that we may have a couple of seasons of pain before things turn good.
As you pointed out yourself earlier in the thread, M#1, Dupont getting red-carded vs RSA could be the lucky break Munster needed to get their season back on track - see the upcoming match vs Toulouse. Gotta grab the chance though!!!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

riocard911 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:31 pm
munster#1 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:58 pm

As you pointed out yourself earlier in the thread, M#1, Dupont getting red-carded vs RSA could be the lucky break Munster needed to get their season back on track - see the upcoming match vs Toulouse. Gotta grab the chance though!!!
DuPont will be a massive loss for them, he is an unbelievably good player, and they will be worse off without him.

But Munster have a massive hill to climb to get anywhere near being as good as Toulouse.
Munster will be without a fair few of their game changing players going into that game, and imo they need to string 2 big games together against Connacht and Edinburg to develop some much needed consistency.