Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Dexter »

The only problem with using the ignore function is that you can still see requotes.
Dont Panic!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

First disclaimer: I am aware that this is the URC final and not the HC. I am also aware that winning today or even getting this far does not mean that Munster are back, or are one of the best teams in Europe.

Really excited about today, I think it’s then manner in which Munster have arrived in a Final which has generated most of the excitement.
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen this much enthusiasm from Munster fans in relation to a URC final.

When Munster were 5 defeats from 7 matches, it created a bit of panic amongst Munster fans, and gave others a bit of fuel to add to the fire.
However, the coaching tickets belief in their squad and the style of play is something that must be hailed. The easy thing would have been to revert to type to pick up a few easy wins, but they didn’t. They stuck to their guns, they played a very exciting and risky brand of rugby, while rotating players in and out, including exposing a good number of academy players to senior rugby.

The SA A match was a real turning point for this group. They took on a team with a good number of internationals while being minus their own and won.
It looked like, from the outside, that that game galvanised the team.
The hiccup against Glasgow could have really sent the train off the tracks, it meant that Munster had to go to SA and win at least one game. This at the time seemed unlikely to me, but a win and a draw later, and Munster had their HC place secured and locked in a playoff spot for the URC.

Munster go into today’s game, as they did against the same opposition, against Sharks, Glasgow and Leinster, as underdogs.
But Munster are a battle hardened group who have been on the road together for much of the last 2 months.
That edge along with the belief they have gained from overturning the odds will hopefully get them over the line today.

Munster go into todays game with an almost full deck of cards, with a bench full of impact and a starting team full of grit.
Munster have very few players in their 23 which would make the Ireland 23, or even an extended squad, whereas the opposition is littered with household names.

My head is definitely saying that the reigning champs will win their second URC at their second attempt, but my heart is saying that Munster will win this one.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

If Munster win will Gerry say “they owe it all to Leinster”?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 9:08 am First disclaimer: I am aware that this is the URC final and not the HC. I am also aware that winning today or even getting this far does not mean that Munster are back, or are one of the best teams in Europe.

Really excited about today, I think it’s then manner in which Munster have arrived in a Final which has generated most of the excitement.
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen this much enthusiasm from Munster fans in relation to a URC final.

When Munster were 5 defeats from 7 matches, it created a bit of panic amongst Munster fans, and gave others a bit of fuel to add to the fire.
However, the coaching tickets belief in their squad and the style of play is something that must be hailed. The easy thing would have been to revert to type to pick up a few easy wins, but they didn’t. They stuck to their guns, they played a very exciting and risky brand of rugby, while rotating players in and out, including exposing a good number of academy players to senior rugby.

The SA A match was a real turning point for this group. They took on a team with a good number of internationals while being minus their own and won.
The hiccup against Glasgow could have really sent the train off the tracks, it meant that Munster had to go to SA and win at least one game. This at the time seemed unlikely to me, but a win and a draw later, and Munster had their HC place secured and locked in a playoff spot for the URC.

Munster go into today’s game, as they did against the same opposition, against Sharks, Glasgow and Leinster, as underdogs.
But Munster are a battle hardened group who have been on the road together for much of the last 2 months.
That edge along with the belief they have gained from overturning the odds will hopefully get them over the line today.

Munster go into todays game with an almost full deck of cards, with a bench full of impact and a starting team full of grit.
Munster have very few players in their 23 which would make the Ireland 23, or even an extended squad, whereas the opposition is littered with household names.

My head is definitely saying that the reigning champs will win their second URC at their second attempt, but my heart is saying that Munster will win this one.
Being a glass half full guy myself, hope you and all the Munster fans, especially the 5000 who travelled, have a great day.
A Munster win would be truly epic.
F^ck the begrudgers, especially the ones who begrudge Leinster.
C'mon Munster, c'mon Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Oldschool wrote:
munster#1 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 9:08 am First disclaimer: I am aware that this is the URC final and not the HC. I am also aware that winning today or even getting this far does not mean that Munster are back, or are one of the best teams in Europe.

Being a glass half full guy myself, hope you and all the Munster fans, especially the 5000 who travelled, have a great day.
+1

It would be good to go into the summer with a bit of momentum.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

The Doc wrote: May 27th, 2023, 10:29 am
Oldschool wrote:

+1

+2
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

If there really is 5k Munster fans there, that really is an incredibe achievement. As much as I think their home support is grossly over rated and far behind other sides, their away support is unmatched.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

:evil: :evil:
Keith wrote: May 27th, 2023, 12:55 pm If there really is 5k Munster fans there, that really is an incredibe achievement. As much as I think their home support is grossly over rated and far behind other sides, their away support is unmatched.
Think it was M#1 said there were 5000 fans travelling.
Knowing M#1 that's unlikely to be a wind up. :evil:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Keith wrote:If there really is 5k Munster fans there, that really is an incredibe achievement. As much as I think their home support is grossly over rated and far behind other sides, their away support is unmatched.
There's definitely a lot down there. Whether there are some already in SA I don't know.

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Oldschool wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:52 pm :evil: :evil:
Keith wrote: May 27th, 2023, 12:55 pm If there really is 5k Munster fans there, that really is an incredibe achievement. As much as I think their home support is grossly over rated and far behind other sides, their away support is unmatched.
That's a figure from Munster themselves.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote: May 24th, 2023, 2:10 pm
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 24th, 2023, 11:13 am I have a feeling Munster will do it in Saturday and will be cheering them on. They've had a tough few years with the rassie & van grann show taking them nowhere. Rowntree looks like the real deal as a coach and would love to see them win it.

Hat tip to the 5,000 munster fans reported to be travelling for the game.
5000 travelling Munster fans. That's dedication.
They'll make plenty of noise.
If for no other reason Munster deserve our support.
C'mon on Munster, good luck.
I never mentioned the 5k fans, because I suspect that it is an inflated figure.
This was where it was mentioned on here, but it is also mentioned in the media by a few sources.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: May 27th, 2023, 2:36 pm
Oldschool wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:52 pm :evil: :evil:
That's a figure from Munster themselves.
The source is not Munster, Leamy is quoted in the press as stating that 5k is exaggerated.

Leamy said claims that there will be 5,000 Munster fans at the Cape Town Stadium are wide of the mark. Nevertheless he is looking forward to a sizeable Red army making the long, expensive journey.

"I’m being told it’s more like 2,000 Munster fans, which is fantastic," he said. "It’s incredible that we have that much travelling support from all over the world.

However, I’ve spoken to a few lads that are out there and they are saying that it looks like it might be close to 5k, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

riocard911 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 11:29 am
The Doc wrote: May 27th, 2023, 10:29 am
Oldschool wrote: Being a glass half full guy myself, hope you and all the Munster fans, especially the 5000 who travelled, have a great day.
+1

+2
Thanks guys. Fingers crossed.

Right, I’m in the sunny south west. I’m off to find a high stool.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Good luck to Munster. Winning a trophy is always special. Will be cheering them on
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

sunshiner1 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 3:48 pm Good luck to Munster. Winning a trophy is always special. Will be cheering them on
Likewise, I'll be cheering for Munster today.

Connacht showed how vulnerable the Stormers are, I believe the cousins can do it.

Bring the cup back to Ireland.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Winning the league in 2008 with Sexton as our our half for the league was absolutely crucial to the success Leinster have gone on to. Contrary to popular belief he wasn’t hatched from a pod when Felipe went off against Munster at Croke Park, he already won the league and for my mind Sexton as 10 and Sr Phil in his best position at 12 was the best option we had at that point.

Don’t underestimate winning begetting winning.

We’ll be rooting for you Munster.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Is this on d telly?
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Who is CJ up for?

Gwan Munster, put them Saffirs back in their box
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 27th, 2023, 5:07 pm Is this on d telly?
TG4
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Shite looking trophy