Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dexter wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:50 pm
ronk wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:24 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 12:59 pm ROG's behavior is not unusual for a coach in the Top14, we just hear about it from ROG, because he's ROG.
Well he looks like Enoch Burke of rugby coaching to me.
Yeah me too.
Do the other Top 14 coaches really get into as much disciplinary trouble? If so that's a bit mad.
Off the top of my head I can remember Urios, Noves, Berbizier, Boujallel, Guazzini (and the last two weren't even coaches!)
I have Bumbleflex
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:16 pm
ronk wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:24 pm

Well he looks like Enoch Burke of rugby coaching to me.
Yeah me too.
Do the other Top 14 coaches really get into as much disciplinary trouble? If so that's a bit mad.
Off the top of my head I can remember Urios, Noves, Berbizier, Boujallel, Guazzini (and the last two weren't even coaches!)
They're very naughty boys :lol:
Dont Panic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dexter wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:22 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:16 pm

Yeah me too.
They're very naughty boys :lol:
What's the French word for "Pashun". :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Andrew Conway had knee surgery last week and is expected to be out for another three to four months.
Serious bad luck for him, that will be a whole season missed
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Laighin Break wrote: February 8th, 2023, 11:52 am Andrew Conway had knee surgery last week and is expected to be out for another three to four months.
Serious bad luck for him
Yeah, he was playing well too the Autumn before last, fitted well into Fazball.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

It was amazing to watch the Irish under 20s at the weekend.
From a Munster perspective they were not represented to the level that you would hope, but the quality Quinn and Gleason is a massive positive.

What is very rare in Munster is seeing underage players who look physically ready to make the step up to senior level.
Both of these players are physical freaks, who wouldn’t look out of place beside Coombes, despite the fact that Gleeson is still eligible for U20s again next season.

With those 2 and Sean Edogbo coming through to join the already well stocked backrow resources, Munster look to be set across the backrow for at least the next decade.

As a backrower myself, the thoughts of a backrow of 6. Coombes, 7. Quinn, 8. Gleeson have me very excited.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Great to hear that RG is likely to make an appearance in the next few weeks.
With Beirne likely to be out for at least a few weeks, this is a timely break for Munster.

If RG can stay fit, he could be massive for Munster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 9:58 pm Great to hear that RG is likely to make an appearance in the next few weeks.
With Beirne likely to be out for at least a few weeks, this is a timely break for Munster.

He's big enough, ar aon nós!!! 😉
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

riocard911 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 10:50 pm
munster#1 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 9:58 pm Great to hear that RG is likely to make an appearance in the next few weeks.

That he is.

I just hope that he manages to return to close to his best.
We seen glimpses of what he can do in his short time on the field for Munster, but his highlights reels for club and country are a sight to behold.

With all options fit (which will likely be a rare occurrence) Munster will have the ability to select a second row and a backrow to match a given opposition, or game plan.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fekitoa being cut at end of the season.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2023/02/14/ ... ason/#post

Move hasn't worked out for anyone really, although he has been a little better in recent weeks.

Does free up budget for Munster to invest elsewhere in a place that's probably more needed (likely front row).
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

M#1 do you still reckon this is a 'dangerous' and 'negative' message to send out to get rid of an underperforming guy after 1 year?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: February 14th, 2023, 4:24 pm Fekitoa being cut at end of the season.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2023/02/14/ ... ason/#post

Move hasn't worked out for anyone really, although he has been a little better in recent weeks.

Does free up budget for Munster to invest elsewhere in a place that's probably more needed (likely front row).
That is the most "This never happened, right" statement I have ever seen.

I can imagine whoever had to write it was thinking, "what the feck am I going to say about this fella..... well let's mention he won a work cup anyway. Oh an he was part of one one the greatest moments in Munster history when we beat South Africa A......... that's all I got" :lol:
Last edited by LeinsterLeader on February 14th, 2023, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Here comes Bundee.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: February 14th, 2023, 9:01 am
riocard911 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 10:50 pm

That he is.

I just hope that he manages to return to close to his best.
We seen glimpses of what he can do in his short time on the field for Munster, but his highlights reels for club and country are a sight to behold.

With all options fit (which will likely be a rare occurrence) Munster will have the ability to select a second row and a backrow to match a given opposition, or game plan.
The cynic in me says, it's RWC year and boxes will start getting ticked.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

It is hardly a surprise to read about Fekitoa, but I really feel for the man.

I have had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times during Munster match days, and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy.
I hope he manages to land himself a good deal and manages to reignite his career.

Hopefully this means that Munster are confident to stave off the advances for Frisch and they are confident that Farrell will return in time for next season.

This will inevitably free up a good amount of cash and a NIQ spot, with RG the only confirmed NIQ for next season, so hopefully Munster use the cash wisely and strengthen the front row.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Tough choices ahead for Munster. Sign a centre before the world cup, or sign a centre after the world cup, or sign a centre before the world cup then sign a centre after the world cup
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:54 pm It is hardly a surprise to read about Fekitoa, but I really feel for the man.

I have had the privilege of meeting him a couple of times during Munster match days, and he comes across as a genuinely nice guy.
I hope he manages to land himself a good deal and manages to reignite his career.

Hopefully this means that Munster are confident to stave off the advances for Frisch and they are confident that Farrell will return in time for next season.

This will inevitably free up a good amount of cash and a NIQ spot, with RG the only confirmed NIQ for next season, so hopefully Munster use the cash wisely and strengthen the front row.
Are ye not getting Ryan back?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote: February 14th, 2023, 9:41 pm
munster#1 wrote: February 14th, 2023, 8:54 pm It is hardly a surprise to read about Fekitoa, but I really feel for the man.

What position do you think Munster should use the money/NIQ spot?
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

munster#1 wrote: February 14th, 2023, 10:06 pm
Oldschool wrote: February 14th, 2023, 9:41 pm

What position do you think Munster should use the money/NIQ spot?

They should invest the money in the academy.
Topdawg
Learner

Post by Topdawg »

Apparently Munster have signed Piers O’Connor from Bristol