Friday's Rave

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by paddyor »

IanD wrote: November 30th, 2022, 7:01 am The Dublin Canvas project in general. Great idea to brighten up the city.

But this one in particular stands out.

https://www.dublincanvas.com/dublin-can ... /david-lee
I want to applaud, I do. Really appreciate some of the artwork but, I have to ask does anyone hate Dublin as a much as the city council? There is so much clutter on our streeets it's a joke.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

BBC News - Rugby League's Rob Burrow to read CBeebies Bedtime Story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63814194

Really nice idea. Fair play to all involved and great to read that his family were included too.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Pew pew on iMessage, rocks like a boss
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Michael Fassbender's Road to le mans docu series on YouTube is great. 7 min eps.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Peg Leg wrote: January 8th, 2023, 5:32 pm Michael Fassbender's Road to le mans docu series on YouTube is great. 7 min eps.
Nice one. Will check it out.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From the IRFU
In all, 744* supporters over the age of 18 were surveyed before and after the Bank of Ireland Autumn Nations Series matches against South Africa and Australia as part of the IRFU’s drive to better understand attitudes and behaviour of supporters, particularly relating to accessing food and beverage outlets during the game, and the knock-on consequences of supporters bringing drinks and food into the bowl during games.

The key findings included:

Almost 7 in 10 (68%) of the sample claimed they would not support a ban on alcohol being brought into the stadium bowl during a match. This number rises to 74% when the likely negative impact of such a move is explained.
Almost 7 in 10 (68%) across both games planned to have an alcoholic beverage during the games.
 1 in 4 (25%) felt people getting up and coming back with drinks during the game greatly diminishes their experience of the game.

The findings of the survey indicate that a significant majority of supporters (68% – 74%) wish to continue to enjoy the option of having a drink in the bowl during the game. However, a significant minority (25%), including some respondents who want to have the option of enjoying a drink in their seats, find it inconvenient to have to stand for supporters leaving / returning with drinks during the game.

Arising from these findings, a restriction on supporters’ ability to enjoy drinks at their seat is not considered an appropriate measure to take.
:clap: :clap:
Common sense prevails.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

blockhead wrote: January 16th, 2023, 7:33 pm From the IRFU
In all, 744* supporters over the age of 18 were surveyed before and after the Bank of Ireland Autumn Nations Series matches against South Africa and Australia as part of the IRFU’s drive to better understand attitudes and behaviour of supporters, particularly relating to accessing food and beverage outlets during the game, and the knock-on consequences of supporters bringing drinks and food into the bowl during games.

Almost 7 in 10 (68%) of the sample claimed they would not support a ban on alcohol being brought into the stadium bowl during a match. This number rises to 74% when the likely negative impact of such a move is explained.
Almost 7 in 10 (68%) across both games planned to have an alcoholic beverage during the games.
 1 in 4 (25%) felt people getting up and coming back with drinks during the game greatly diminishes their experience of the game.

The findings of the survey indicate that a significant majority of supporters (68% – 74%) wish to continue to enjoy the option of having a drink in the bowl during the game. However, a significant minority (25%), including some respondents who want to have the option of enjoying a drink in their seats, find it inconvenient to have to stand for supporters leaving / returning with drinks during the game.

Arising from these findings, a restriction on supporters’ ability to enjoy drinks at their seat is not considered an appropriate measure to take.
Common sense prevails.
Honestly the best thing the IRFU could do here is copy what the Japanese did at their World Cup - have staff selling beer going up and down the stands. Why bother getting up and down when you can get beer at your seat.
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

FLIP wrote: January 16th, 2023, 8:17 pm

Common sense prevails.
Honestly the best thing the IRFU could do here is copy what the Japanese did at their World Cup - have staff selling beer going up and down the stands. Why bother getting up and down when you can get beer at your seat.
You don't see how that could go wrong? In Ireland?

I think the conclusion is that there are enough people out there to fill a family stand and make everyone happy, if they could figure out a way to get everyone in the right seats.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

ronk wrote: January 16th, 2023, 8:47 pm
FLIP wrote: January 16th, 2023, 8:17 pm

Common sense prevails.
You don't see how that could go wrong? In Ireland?

I think the conclusion is that there are enough people out there to fill a family stand and make everyone happy, if they could figure out a way to get everyone in the right seats.
None more so than usual. I was at 2 of the Irish group stage games and there were no issues, despite the fact you could get a 9% alcopop that went down like squash.
Anyone But New Zealand
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Common sense prevails.
A classic care of survivor bias in research. The conclusions are an artefact of biased data collection procedure.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

domhnallj wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:09 pm
A classic care of survivor bias in research. The conclusions are an artefact of biased data collection procedure.
The conclusions are profitable
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ronk wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:16 pm
domhnallj wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:09 pm
The conclusions are profitable
Who'da thunk it!!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

IT headline writers really hitting their straps this morning:

Warning energy price hikes will hit living standards

No doubt the Editor has also asked them to put together articles to follow the following headlines:

Warning bears s#^t in woods

Warning speeding cars don't stop as quickly as slow cars
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Slowly getting back into the forum. Made a concious effort to be offline for over a year, too much noise. Revisiting the less toxic environments now.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote: January 24th, 2023, 10:46 am Slowly getting back into the forum. Made a concious effort to be offline for over a year, too much noise. Revisiting the less toxic environments now.
Welcome back Peg Leg, I, for one missed your presence.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper:
I hope you're well!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

If you have a clear sky at the moment, check out Venus and Jupiter around the moon. Venus is the one just above the moon btw.
For the flatearthers out there, just ignore this post.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Mars is clearly visible too, red dot north of Orion
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 6:48 pm If you have a clear sky at the moment, check out Venus and Jupiter around the moon. Venus is the one just above the moon btw.
For the flatearthers out there, just ignore this post.
Thanks for that. I was wondering which one it was above the moon. Looked pretty spectacular when I saw it earlier.
Dont Panic!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Great win for Leona Maguire tonight in the US. She finished the last six holes with four birdies and an Eagle to come from two behind.

Great example to Rory as to what's possible if he can focus.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Leone Maguire showed great bottle stayed at the front throughout the 3rd round and will play in the last pairing in the US PGA major tomorrow. It's her eight consecutive round in the 60's and she won last week in Michigan.

Stephanie Meadow in second last grouping just two shots back could also be in contention.

Great performances by both on the world stage which deserve great credit.