Friday's rant

for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Friday's rant

Post by johng »

I can cope with that. I have my own coping stone. And a bishop's cope. I've even listened to Julian cope

But which of these meanings was paddy using here?

viewtopic.php?p=817311#p817311
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

johng wrote: March 5th, 2024, 1:23 am I can cope with that. I have my own coping stone. And a bishop's cope. I've even listened to Julian cope

Blimey, you'd that squirrelled away in the auld cerebral cortex.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 4th, 2024, 6:45 pm
paddyor wrote: March 4th, 2024, 3:30 pmWhat's ASMR?
I think it’s French for BYOB?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote: March 5th, 2024, 1:23 am I can cope with that. I have my own coping stone. And a bishop's cope. I've even listened to Julian cope

Well IIRC I thought Glaws were awful and were making excuses for why they got spanked. And I think I was proven correct as they went on to finish 2nd last in the GP that season.

So this one.
Copium is when you're huffing your own fumes pretending that things aren't as bad as they are.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

So to clarify, we're not talking about the Arch-Drude of Wessex then.
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Oh how Rory McIlroy needs a Caddy from whom he will take the advice to allow him to play his lowest-scoring golf, rather than continually hit a series of ultra-spectacular shots, without any concern about the degree of risk involved. I watched almost his entire round yesterday and time and time again he played extraordinary shots, only to follow them with ridiculously over-optimistic shots.

He has all parts of the game but he must begin to play real smart, like Tiger, to get the results his game deserves.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

paddyor wrote: March 5th, 2024, 2:01 pm

Well IIRC I thought Glaws were awful and were making excuses for why they got spanked. And I think I was proven correct as they went on to finish 2nd last in the GP that season.

So this one.
Copium is when you're huffing your own fumes pretending that things aren't as bad as they are.
At least I can Google that. The word cope as a noun (not meaning stone or bishop's clothing) seemed to be all over the place at the time. I had no idea what it meant
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

johng wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:00 pm

So this one.
At least I can Google that. The word cope as a noun (not meaning stone or bishop's clothing) seemed to be all over the place at the time. I had no idea what it meant
As an elder millennial (hate that phrase but that's what people understand as the generation) keeping up with meme culture and slang is possible through the use of knowyourmeme and urban dictionary.
Anyone But New Zealand
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

johng wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:00 pm

So this one.
You're lucky you're not online enough to know tbh
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I’ve the utmost sympathy for the families of the Stardust victims but why would there possibly be a state redress scheme for this? It’s beyond my comprehension as to how the state(you and me) should be on the hook for this.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

the spoofer wrote: April 21st, 2024, 3:42 pm I’ve the utmost sympathy for the families of the Stardust victims but why would there possibly be a state redress scheme for this? It’s beyond my comprehension as to how the state(you and me) should be on the hook for this.
To add to this. I looked it up and the state has already paid €13.2m in compensation(not sure what for) to the families of the victims and to those injured in the fire. We can not be on the hook for a further payment.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

French air traffic controllers. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using Tapatalk

“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

What were the organizers of the Eurovison thinking in allowing Israel to participate. The health and safety implications for the other particants and audience alone should have been enough to block Israel's participation.
This was right up there with the "Nigels" carry on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.