Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Friday 7.35 Premier/TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Friday 7.35 Premier/TG4

Post by CiaranIrl »

I thought Ross Byrne had an excellent game. Great to see him back. Really smart, confident play. Great passing & kicking and control. Luke McGrath was outstanding as well. I don't think any scrum half in Ireland is playing as well as him so far this season.

Obviously our pack, especially our 6 front row players, was unbelievable. But we kind of knew that already.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

CiaranIrl wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:55 pm I thought Ross Byrne had an excellent game. Great to see him back. Really smart, confident play. Great passing & kicking and control. Luke McGrath was outstanding as well. I don't think any scrum half in Ireland is playing as well as him so far this season.

Obviously our pack, especially our 6 front row players, was unbelievable. But we kind of knew that already.
On current form , ridiculous that JGP could be considered ahead of Luke
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Atletico Madrid have inquired into George Horne's availability...
Dont Panic!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

blockhead wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:45 pm Nah. JCB shoves him with his elbow to yer mans shoulder but in slips off and he makes some kind of contact with his face. He didn't mean to make face contact but he did. Glad we got away with the yellow TBH.
Only saw last 1/2 hour so cant comment on big Jim but he's a welcome addition to the co-comms pot in this league. He's a big name in rugby podcasting with the RugbyPod and mere presence brings more attention to this league and it needs every bit it can get.
Yeah, I like Jim Hamilton. I think he's good. People can have different opinions!
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

We would have won by 40+ but for appauling refereeing. Some rubbish penalties given to Glasgow. The pack looked really powerful and looked like a tough workout, no love lost. Lineout could improve a bit. Baird and McGrath errors gave Glasgow huge ground that they did not deserve, really need to stamp that out. All in all tho a really good start for us, we couldnt have asked for more, and look like the team to beat.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:51 pm
blockhead wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:45 pm Nah. JCB shoves him with his elbow to yer mans shoulder but in slips off and he makes some kind of contact with his face. He didn't mean to make face contact but he did. Glad we got away with the yellow TBH.
Only saw last 1/2 hour so cant comment on big Jim but he's a welcome addition to the co-comms pot in this league. He's a big name in rugby podcasting with the RugbyPod and mere presence brings more attention to this league and it needs every bit it can get.
Yeah, if you give the ref an option, you only have a 50-50 chance of not getting a card. Silly from JGP. Horne was a dick as well though.

Thought Jim Hamilton was grand, fierce bang of turnip off this thread.
Agree Jim Hamilton was fine. Disagree about the turnip comment. It's a fan forum with comments posted during the game.
Dont Panic!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Glasgow were dreadful. Our pack was brilliant, backs were ok. With a competent ref, the margin would have been 30/40 points.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Dexter wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:07 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:51 pm
Yeah, if you give the ref an option, you only have a 50-50 chance of not getting a card. Silly from JGP. Horne was a dick as well though.

Thought Jim Hamilton was grand, fierce bang of turnip off this thread.
Agree Jim Hamilton was fine. Disagree about the turnip comment. It's a fan forum with comments posted during the game.
Hamiltons general analysis is fine - it was just his in match co-comms role that was a little ‘skewed’
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

The commentary on TG4 was fairly useless today. Baird & Doris were both Baird, Leavy was Molony at one point and Osbourne was a second Frawley.
That and giving incorrect explanations of why penalties were awarded
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Baird needs to stop coating his hands in vaseline before away games
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Laighin Break wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:42 pm The commentary on TG4 was fairly useless today. Baird & Doris were both Baird, Leavy was Molony at one point and Osbourne was a second Frawley.
Fortunately I have access to Premier Sport . I hate watching on TG4 . Youre right , the commentators Law knowledge is ‘patchy’ to say the least … I often have thought that they should have. ‘Red button’ type option with english commentary . Im sure this would pull in a far bigger audience & consequent Ad revenue.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:42 pm The commentary on TG4 was fairly useless today. Baird & Doris were both Baird, Leavy was Molony at one point and Osbourne was a second Frawley.
So making an effort to learn the gaelge would be wasted because the commentary still wouldn't make much sense.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

cormac wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 9:26 pm Ref 15 Leinster 31
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You and about 5 others would have noticed this.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

In fairness the Glasgow No. 24 made a decent enough assist in the 15 points tally by Glasgow.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:59 pm
In fairness the Glasgow No. 24 made a decent enough assist in the 15 points tally by Glasgow.
The man in the middle had a howler, that couldn't stop our clinical work at the breakdown. It never looked like we weren't getting the ball back. The recycling speed was staggering. No amount of cynical by the weegies could stop it
Like others are saying the line-out was a bit patchy. I think Gray was making things a bit difficult for them, but no excuse for some of the ball McGrath was getting off the top of it.
I thought Keenan looked sharp in defence and dangerous in attack. I think Woody should lay off the terps if he thinks Zebos is best 15 in green.
All in all mostly good things to take away from tonight's performance. Great to see Adam Byrne get back on the scoreboard (again)and no new injuries.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I thought JGP went to push Horne's shoulder but he half missed and made slight contact with his face which Horne overreacted to.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

nc6000 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:34 pm I thought JGP went to push Horne's shoulder but he half missed and made slight contact with his face which Horne overreacted to.
I reckon Nigel would have said something along the lines of "We're not playing soccer here boys, DON'T let me see that again!!!"
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on October 22nd, 2021, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I think the fact that he did it literally right in front of the referee forced him to take action. Probably would have been ignored otherwise.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 10:52 pm
So making an effort to learn the gaelge would be wasted because the commentary still wouldn't make much sense.
Those are bad eyesight errors. Doris and Baird were wearing the same scrum caps.

Osbourne and Frawley are lanky ginger backs.

If you didn’t understand the language you would still pick out why he said Baird so so many times while they were showing a close up of Doris.